Chapter 44

Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it's a beautiful day.

Jay's POV.

She won't ditch me right. I glanced at the digital clock that was sitting on my desk. It's 6:45 already, we have to reach at 7:00. She isn't here. When is she going to be here? Ahh, I should have told her a specific time. Then at least I would have known that she won't be ditching me.

'First of all I don't get your logic and secondly, she won't be ditching since she is your bodyguard!' My conscience spoke.

Yeah that's right, why am I worrying. I thought nodding and turned towards mirror to fix my bow. Hmm, I look handsome as always.

'How can you be so dumb and handsome at the same time.' My conscience spoke shaking his head.

'Shut up we both are same person.'

'Whatever. But you're right we are handsome.'

"JAYY!!!" Mom yelled calling out for me.

"Coming!!" I shouted back before giving myself a last glance and exiting my room.

"What? I know we are getting late but it's not like I can do something. It was your idea. She is late not me. You don't need shout." I babbled as soon as I got down.

"Ahem." Someone cleared it's throat. I looked up to see her standing there like a fallen angel. Her pale pink dress fitted her like it was just made for her. She looked beautiful.

"She's- -"

"Here, we know. Now go ahead stand beside her. I wanna take pictures." Mom said pushing me towards her.

She smirked when I stumbled towards her. Eyeing me from head to toe. She said. "You cleaned up well."

"T-thank you." I stuttered causing her to smirk again.

"Okay, look here give me your beautiful smiles." Mom said setting the angle of camera. "Jay if you wanna be in frame, you need to stand closer honey. She's not gonna bite you."

"You never know mom." I replied before shifting closer to her.

"That's right, now put your arm around her waist. Giara leans towards him. Uhh-huh don't move. Yes—"

I don't know what mom was talking or instructing, I was too busy staring in those beautiful blue eyes. It was like the world around us disappeared. It just me and her in our own little world. Her blue eyes staring into mine. Her perfect pointed nose. Her cupid's bow lips pulling me closer. They were moving telling me-

"Jay, it's done. Can you let go." She said.

"Huh? Oh yeah, right. Sorry." I fumbled letting her go. She smiled

"Come on kids, lets go." Dad said walking with mom towards the limo parked at the front door. We followed them. George opened the door for us. Mom and dad climbed in first. Giara gathered her gown trying to climb in but it kept getting in her feet from behind.

"Let me." I said lifting her dress a bit so she could climb in.

"Thanks." She whispered when we settled down in our seats.

"No problem."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Why are so many paparazzi here?" She asked when we reached ourdestination and our car was surrounded by paparazzi.

"Why wouldn't be? Many millionaires, billionaires, actors and actresseswould be here. Of course they would want a scoop." I replied.

"First dress and now this, gosh what all I have do." She whispered toherself not wanting me to hear but I did.

"It's not that bad you know plus you look beautiful and more like awoman." I said.

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or insult." Shesaid narrowing her eyes at me.

"It's up to you." I winked climbing off the car and gave her a hand.Taking my hand she climbed off.

"I didn't know you were a gentleman."

"Oh sweetheart you don't know many things about me." I whispered inher ear before pulling her closer as we made our in the hotel where the ballwas held.

"Finally, I can breathe." She said letting out a sigh as we reachedinside, in the hotel lobby.

"Why? Am I that breathtakingly handsome?" I said striking a pose andgiving her my charming smile.

"No." She said deadpan. "But that pose looks funny."

"Wha- "

"JAAAYYYYY!!" Someone shouted. Someone who is very familiar andannoying.

"And here he comes." I said as Mark came making his way towards uslike lunatic.

"Jay!" He panted leaning on my shoulder, after all he did ran such along distance. Not the sarcasm please.

"Mark."

"You came." He smiled

"Of course I would."

"Hmm. Where is pretty lady?"

"Standing right here Marcus." She giving him a little wave.

"Oh my god. You look... beautiful!" He stared at her in daze like shewas the most beautiful woman in the world. Well I am not disagreeing but heshouldn't stare at her. So I knocked him in the back of his head.

"Where's your date?"

"I told you I'm going solo tonight." He said rubbing his head where Iknocked him.

"Well, if we are here to attend the ball then shouldn't we at least go inside."Giara said pointing her thumb towards the doors which was heavily decoratedwith cotton and various sparkling ornaments.

"Yeah let's go. Come on pretty lady let's go." Mark said giving herhis arm. I slapped his arm pulling her closer to me.

"You said you are going solo. She's my date. Stop stealing." I saidpushing past Mark pulling Giara with me. "Find yourself a date and thencome find us bye!" I shouted.

"It's beautiful." She said as we walked into the doors. Floor wascovered in white smoke giving us a feeling that we were walking on clouds.Walls and pillars were covered with fairy lights. Indeed it was beautiful.

"Have you ever been to a ball before?" I asked her who was busylooking around in awe.

"No." She answered giving me a excited smile.

"Well I hope you'll enjoy your first ever ball." I said giving her myown smile and arm. She locked her arm with mine and we walked into the crowd.People we scattered everywhere, some talking in little groups, some swaying tothe soft music that can be heard in the background.

"Others will be here too." I said

"Others?" She questioned.

"Jay! Giara! Over here!" Rina shouted.

"What is Rina doing here?" Giara asked.

"Alex's date." I said walking towards them.

"Hey guys." I greeted as we reached them. Rina pulled Giara towardsher holding her in arms length before hugging her and gushing about howbeautiful she looked.

"Hey dude!" Alex greeted handing me a glass champagne. I shook myhead declining. "Mom's somewhere around here. If she saw, she'll have myhead."

"Okay." He gulped down the champagne himself.

"Dude you okay?" I asked in concern since he didn't look like hisnormal self.

"I'm fine." He said waving me off before gulping down another glass.I turned towards Rina and Giara who were now paying attention towards us. Iraised an eyebrow towards Rina asking what's wrong with him. "Family problems."She mouthed. I nodded understanding. Alex's parents were kinda.. how do I say,different I guess. They had affairs even though they were married. I alwaysfelt bad for Alex since he was stuck between them.

"Guys!!" Ugh not again. I thought.

Mark was walking towards us but this time with a girl.

"I'm here!" He said as soon as we reached.

"We can see that." I said rolling my eyes.

"Whatever. You don't care but others do." He huffed before smilingtowards Rina and Giara.

"Oh I'm just excited to know about the girl you brought." Rina saidbefore smiling towards the girl and complimenting her on her dress. The girlshyly thanked her.

"Whatever. Guys this is Sophia and this is Rina, Jay, Pret- Giara, andAlex? Is he snoozing off?" Mark questioned looking at Alex who had dozedoff leaning his head table with his mouth wide open.

"I guess?" I said.

"Geez. He need to brush his teeth." Mark said shaking his head like adentist does when he checks your not flossed teeth.

"Anyways, guys this is my date." Mark said pulling Sophia closer.Poor girl blushed so hard.

"Where did you found such innocent girl?" Giara asked.

"Oh, she was standing alone in an corner."

"So you dragged her with your? Sophia we are warning you run while youcan. This guy in not right in head." Giara warned.

"Shut up. You're just jealous. But don't worry I will be alwaysyours." He said winking and blowing a kiss.

"Are you guys together?" Sophia shyly asked with frown on her face.

"No!" Everyone turned towards me. Clearing my throat. "No, theyare not." I said.

"Someone is jelly." Mark teased wiggling his eyebrows.

"What? No. I was just stating the truth."

"No, more like marking your territory." He said smirking.

"Okay guys that's enough, I'm hungry and I see lots of snack just forus." Giara said eyeing buffet table.

"Me too let's go." Rina said pulling Giara and Sophia with her. Idon't know what's wrong with this girl. She always pulling or dragging someone.

"What about Alex?" Mark asked looking at the sleeping Alex.

"I think he'll be fine."

A/N:

Yoo!! What's up people?!

Jay: Ceiling.

Alba: Shut up! Nobody's asking you. *rolls eyes* Right Marky?

Marcus: Yes sweets sweets.

Giara: Gosh! I'm gonna get diabetes because these two.

Alba: Why are you guys here?

Jay: What do you mean by that? If we are not here than where we'll be?

Alba: Ugh! I don't mean it like that.

Giara: Then?

Alba: Ugh!! Whatever. I just wanted to thank my readers for reading and loving my story. Some of you guys are so funny 😂. Your comments, gosh! It makes my day. Waking up getting notifications. It's the best. So thank you so so so muchhhhh. I love you guysssss.. 😘😘

Marcus: Yes, I love you guys too. And thanks for loving me and not Jay. *winks*

Jay: Hey!

Alba: No fighting. *glares at them* Okay I'll take my leave and handle these kids before they start fighting. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. It wasn't much though. Just a filler chap. And as always. Keep voting, commenting and sharing this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba💜

Love, Alba💜