Chapter 35

I am probably something like 95% of Chicken Nuggets.

Jay's POV.

"Mom! Mom?!" I called out for her as I walked into the house.

"Master Jay, Mrs. Olsen went to office today." George came in answering.

"Office, why? Well then today some people are going home jobless." I said chuckling and earning a smile from George. He does nothing more than that.

"Indeed." He said.

Mom or should I call her ice queen? I mean that's what her colleagues and employees of her company used to call her. She was a daughter that every father wanted to have. Be it any job, she would do it without any hesitation. But she was cold. I don't blame her, if you want to survive in business world then you gotta be cold. That's what my dad says. Dad. Blake Maxwell Olsen, well known businessman. A competition. When these two met it was like world war three, that's Dad described​ it like that. They both were partnered together by their dads. There wasn't a moment where they wouldn't quarrel. The taunting, pranking was always there but somewhere in between they developed a new friendship. Just like Giara and I. Soon the friendship turned into something more. Just like Giara and I. Wait-what?

"Master Jay? Master Jay?!?" George screamed waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?"

"I was asking, do you need something?"

"Yeah. I need game room ready and snacks and drinks and . . . and yeah chicken nuggets!"

"Chicken nuggets?" He asked.

"Yeah Giara likes chicken nuggets and its like they are her life and I guess one time I heard her talking about nuggets island or something. Weird right?" I was rambling until I noticed George giving me that teasing smile. Sheepishly chuckling I said. "That's all I guess."

"Are you sure?" He asked giving me that same smile.

"Y-yes. I mean yes."

"Okay, get game room ready, some snacks, drinks and chicken nuggets because Ms. Edwards likes them." He spoke listing of things and teasing me about that embarrassing rambling.

"Yeah, yeah go away now. I need to get ready for-"

"The date." He interrupted.

"It's not a date George!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go get everything ready." He walked off completely ignoring me.

"It's not a date!!" Idiot Jay. What is wrong with you? I think I'm going crazy. What was I thinking before? That Giara and I---

"Baby I'm back!!" I turned around to see Mark walking in with his arms wide spread. He hugged me and then pulled back holding my face in his hands and spoke. "I knew you would be waiting for me love. I missed you so much. I know you missed me too baby. Come on I can't wait any longer." He leaned in as if to kiss me.

"What the hell dude? Get off me!!" I pushed his face with palm, getting his disgusting pout away from me.

"Did you hear that?" He asked pointing to his ear.

"Hear what?" I asked

"Crack!" He made that sound

"Wha--"

"That was my heart breaking Jay. How could you do that?"

"Mark seriously --"

"How could you Jay? How could you? I- I was so happy that- that finally I'm going to be with you and you- you---" He started sniffling.

"Mar-"

"Shut up! You broke my heart Jay. You break me. I need a cookie. Where's aunt Rose?"

"She's at office." I said rolling my eyes. He's drama is over. Finally.

"Okay. But I still need a cookie." He said walking towards kitchen with me following behind.

"Mr. Moretti. You're back." George said as we entered into​ the kitchen.

"Marcus, George. My name is Marcus, or better yet you can call me Mark. Only my pretty lady calls me Marcus and I absolutely love it." He said with weird smile on his face. "And besides Mr. Moretti is my dad." He said. "At least George is happy, unlike someone I know." Yeah I know that's for me.

"Well, who wouldn't be happy to see you. You are a good company." At that Mark gave me that smug smile, I just rolled my eyes.

"Thank you George. Hmmmmm, I smell nuggets." And here comes the Pig Mark. He went ahead to pick one from the plate but I smacked his hand.

"Uh huh. Not them. You can eat anything from here but not these." I said shaking my head.

"Yes. They are specially made for Ms. Edwards on demand by Master Jay." George said earning a 'oh' sound from Mark.

"Specially for pretty lady huh?" I turned​ red, ducking my head down I went towards fridge to drink cold water and calm my burning cheeks.

"I-It's not like that, I mean."

"It's not?"

"It's not. I mean it's only because of her we are best friends again and I know the truth about Rachel and Kyle. So I just wanted to thank her in a way." I reasoned still hiding my cheeks which were blushing red.

"Oh. So you wanted to thank her or....." He trailed off.

"Or?"

"Nothing. So those sneaky glances during lectures. Staring at her with that lovesick puppy look was nothing right?"

"W-What glances?" I stuttered. How did he know? Stupid. Of course he knows, he was sitting right beside you. "I wasn't staring. I just wanted to--"

"Thank her. I know." He said walking towards me. "But do you really?" He whispered making me gulped in nervousness. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"George please send in those snacks and drinks in the game room." And with that I walked out of the kitchen ignoring Mark's question.

"Don't forget the chicken nuggets George after all they are made for Pretty lady." Mark shouted following me. The nerve of these two. Ugh!

"So Jay, what it is?" Mark asked as we settled down in front of the home screen with game controller in our hands.

"What it is what?" I asked.

"COD or CS?"

"COD."

"Okay."

"So you like her or you like her?"

"What type of question is that? And like who?" I asked looking at him and then turning back to whatever I was doing.

"Pretty lady. You like her." I stiffened, widening my eyes. How should I answer that? I mean I can but the problem is that it was a sentence not a question. I composed myself before awkwardly chuckling.

"Oh her. Yeah who doesn't like her. She is likeable. Even you like her, don't you? She cares for evey one even though she acts like she doesn't. You don't know that but she is more stronger than she look, both physically and mentally. I would say more mentally. I can't believe how she does that. Being so strong outside like nothing is affecting her but deep down inside she's dying. I mean I can't stand alone out in this cruel world without any support of you guys but she, she standing there alone, fighting against that cruel world single handedly. She's like a wonder-woman. She--" I stopped. I was rambling again about her. I looked up to see Mark smiling at me. "I-I---"

"You like her." He said.

"So do you." I said smiling.

"I do." My smile faded a little.

"But not the way you do Jay." What?

"What? You are crazy Mark. I don't like her like that. You need food, your brain is not working properly."

"You like her like that and don't even deny it after the speech you gave."

"Mark."

"You ​like her."

"No, I don't."

"Yes you do."

"I don't like her, Mark."

"You--"

"Don't like who?" Came in a familiar female voice. Oh god not her. Anyone else but​ not her.

I turned to Mark hoping he would go mute before he tells her that I really like Giara. Yes, I Jay James Olsen admits that I like Giara whatever her middle name is Edwards.

A/N:

Yay!!!! I updated just like I promised and completed my punishment. Those who didn't knew, my punishment was to update in next two days after my last update. So here I am. Loud and proud after completing my punishment you all guys should thanks IMperfect_AF_xx for giving me that punishment or else I wouldn't have updated because you know how lazy af I am. So be a good human and thank her and also go check out her account and her work. She's quite a girl. And I love her. IMperfect_AF_xx I love ya girl. 😘😘 In between this don't forget to comment, vote and share with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜