Chapter 41

It sucks doesn't it. Liking someone you can't have. Seeing them everyday, but knowing that they'll never be yours. It's the worst feeling, because all you can do is dream about and wish for them, but never have them.

Giara's POV.

As soon as we entered the school building, both were off to restroom, together.Weird. What are they doing there? Maybe they are.. Ugh. Stop! Stop! Don't letyour imagination wander there Giara! Take a deep breath and relax your brain.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I walked towards the restroom and lean against the wall beside the rest room'sdoor.

Why are they not coming out? What's happening? Did something happen? Is Jay indanger?!? Should I go in?! Yeah I should! I rested my hand on the handle toopen the door but stopped.

What if they are....?

No Giara stop!

But they could be....

No.

Then why are they taking so long?

Well they must've been holding it for too long.

Ahh! That could be the reason. Wait! But it's been literally 10 minutes sincewe left the mansion.

Or they could be talking.

Talking? Who goes to restroom to talk?

Suddenly the door of restroom was slammed open. Jay came out fuming with Marcusfollowing behind with similar expression as Jay.

Okay they were definitely talking in there.

I quickly walked towards Marcus wanting to know what happened since Jay won'tbe answering any of my questions.

"So?" I asked.

"So?" Marcus questioned.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" I frowned.

"You know what? We need to talk about someth--"

*Brrrrrriiiiiinngg*

"We'll have this talk in lunch break." Marcus said walking off to hisclass.

"Oh-okay." I replied and quickly followed fuming Jay to the class.

During whole lecture Jay was fuming with anger and sighing every minute.

"Jay, c'è qualcosa che non va? (Jay, is something wrong?)" Mr.Ricci finally asked, fed up with Jay's sighing every minute.

"Non è tutto a posto, Mr. Ricci. (No, everything is fine, Mr. Ricci.)"Jay said sighing again.

"Sei sicuro? Perché mi sembri frustrato. (Are you sure? Because youseem frustrated to me.)" Mr. Ricci asked walking towards Jay.

"Actually I'm not fine." He said looking up, glaring at me.

"Well, I think you should get it out instead of building it inside ofyou." Mr. Ricci said with his heavy Italian accent showing.

"I don't think that's gonna work, even if I let it out nobody's gonna careabout it because everyone has their own motive to fulfill, a job to doright?" I can feel his eyes glaring holes in me.

"Ah hmm okay." Mr. Ricci said looking between us and went back to hislecture with leaving Jay back to his sighing.

*Brrrrrriiiiiinngg*

"Okay, è tutto per oggi. Non dimenticare di rivedere il lavoro di oggi.(Okay, students that's all for today. Don't forget to revise today'swork.)" Mr. Ricci said as soon as bell rang ending the lecture.

I packed my books and followed Jay. We were walking to next class with no wordsexchanged and suddenly he spoke.

"That was for you to know." He said.

"Excuse me?"

"During lecture, I was talking about you." He said, I just kept quiet notknowing what to say. I knew that he was talking about me. How could I not whenhis eyes were glaring holes in my body.

"Ha? Wow! Seriously?! Now you are just going to ignore me?!?"

"I'm not. I just don't have anything to say." I replied shrugging.

"Oh! You just don't have anything to say."

"Yes, that's what I said."

"Shut up! Don't be a smartass with me. You played us and now you don'thave anything to say. THAT'S JUST GREAT!!" He shouted, which earned us fewstares but I kept my mouth shut as he asked me to.

"I can't believe you right now. Your face... You don't even regret it! Howcould you even do that when you know how it feels to played by someone?!? TELLME!" He shouted again but I kept looking ahead.

"Oh wait! Was that a lie too? Your bf using you? Huh? I mean that doessound like a story line!" At that I turned towards him.

"Stop acting like you were dumped. People are staring we are getting late,so if you don't mind, we can listen to your drama later." I said inmonotone without any emotions and faced the front again.

"DUMPED BY ---" Before he could start again I opened the door to theclassroom and pushed him inside. "HEY! Don't ever to---"

"Okay students settle down." Professor cut him off again.

*Brrrrrriiiiiinngg*

As soon as bell rang Jay was by my side opening his gutter.

"You don't ever touch me! And dumped?! Dumped by who? You?!? Huh! I amdumping you!" He said poking my shoulder.

"You" Poke "Don't" Poke "Deserve" Poke "Me!!"

"Are you done?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "If not then I don'tcare because Marcus is waiting for us, so let's go." I said motioningtowards Marcus who was outside the classroom waiting.

"I hate you!!" He shouted, I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey." I greeted Marcus.

"Hey."

"So?"

"Hey Jay." Marcus said making me turned around to see Jay glaring atme yet again. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"I'm not going anywhere with her." Jay said crossing his arms andleaning against the wall.

"Jay stop, she--" Marcus started but I cut him off.

"Okay. You can go with Alex, Paul and Rina." I suggested.

"Yeah go ahead. I'll see you later." Marcus said at which Jay's jawdropped.

"H-how could you?!?" He shouted but Marcus was long gone with medragged by him.

"So you wanted to talk?" I asked as we sat down with our lunch tray.

"Yes."

"Go ahead." I said taking a bite off an apple.

"Jay told me about what happened between y'all." I stopped chewing.

"So?"

"I know you are lying."

"What makes you think that?" I said taking another bite.

"Because I know you. You'll never do something like that." He said. Ichuckled at that.

"No, Marcus you don't. It's like weeks since we've met. You can't knowsomeone in just few weeks."

"Those weeks were enough for me to know that you'll never do thatGiara." I just chuckled.

"It's okay you don't like him back but you didn't have to lie about fakingthe friendship." I kept munching on my apple.

"You should tell that you lied." He said.

"Why? It doesn't matter he already believes it." I replied.

"So you did lie. Why did you do it? And you know what happened betweenKyle, Rachel and him right? Then why?"

"Because I want you guys to hate me okay!" There I finally said it.

"Why Giara? And you know we would never hate you." Lie.

"He already does." I said looking down at my fumbling hands, avoidingeye contact.

"Look at me." He said taking my hands in his. "Pretty lady, lookat me." I looked up.

"You like him too, don't you?" He said smiling at me. Like? I meanhis cute. Those tantrums, those little fits he throws when things don't go hisway. That face he makes, I just sometimes want to pinch his cheeks. Then again,the way he got jealous. His creativity level is on different phase, I mean, meand Anthony? Hehe, what was he thinking. I giggled to myself and stared at mybanged hand. Does he really like me? Do I like him? I blushed thinking back toMarcus's question and subconsciously nodded.

"Then why did you--"

"Because Marcus he deserves someone better. Not someone like me. Cold,emotionless, anger-filled. I'm not even a proper girl. I don't dress like agirl, I don't act like a girl. Can't you see it. I live off by killing people.My life is dangerous Marcus. There's no guarantee of my life. My life is alwaysat stake. I can't do that to him. He don't deserve this, not after whathappened with Rachel! It's better I distance myself from him before it's toolate."

"But Giara, knowing all this he still started to like you."

"And he'll start to hate me too." I said.

"That's what you think."

"That's what is going to happen. After all that's what I came here for. Iam here to protect him and I'll protect him from anything that's going to hurthim."

"You can't change the destiny, remember that pretty lady. And I'm notgoing to let you."

"We'll see about that."

A/N:

Surprise bitchessssss!!!!! Look who updated. Ah huh! This bitch here updated a effing chapter! Your welcome 😎. Btw reason behind updating a chapter even though I said that I won't be is that, today is 1 year anniversary of His Bodyguard!!! Wohhhooo 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊 I can't believe it! I can't believe it that it's been a year and I still haven't completed writing this book😂😂😂 Shame on me. But whatever, who cares if it is one year or two you, I enjoy writing this book. Yeah that's it. I just went blank after writing that. Ugh! Nothing has changed. I'm still bad at writing these authors note.

Marcus: But we still love you the same. *Gives a flying kiss*

Alba: Awwww! Thank you. *Catches the kiss*

Jay: Yeah we don't. *Glaring and huffing*

Giara: What type of sentence is that? Are you agreeing or not?

Jay: Why is she here?

Giara: Of course I'm here. The whole book is about me. *Huffs* I'm gonna be here.

Jay: Yeah right! *Rolls eyes* Read the title clearly she-man. It says His Bodyguard. What does it says? "His". So the book is about MY bodyguard.

Giara: Which is technically me. So the book is about me.

Jay: You selfish b------

Alba: Okay stop right there you two!

Marcus: Ladies and gentleman( if there are any) please ignore those two --

Alba: Ahhh fuck! Giara leave him. I need him to complete this book. Stop! Stop! Stop! Ahhh! Not my hair, not my hair. Ahhhhh noooooooo!!

Marcus: *clears throat* please ignore these three and enjoy your rest of the day. We hope you liked Alba's surprise and this chapter.

Alba: You both are dead! Just see what I do with you two. Wait and watch now. *Gestures the 'I'm watching you' sign'* God these two are fighting like the my readers fighting on the quote of the first chapter. Btw it was interesting to read those comments. *Grins* So as I always say, keep voting, commenting and sharing this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜