Chapter 31

Horror movies don't scare me. Five missed calls from mom do.

Jay's POV.

Now what I am going to do? I literally called him liar. I didn't trusted my own bestfriend. Giara said that everything is going to be okay but I don't think so. I accused him of something he's not. I didn't even gave him a chance to explain. Just busted out saying that I don't need him as my friend. When the truth is that I can't live without him. I don't think he'll forgive me. Heck! If I was in his place then I would have done the same. Whatever it is going to be, he forgives or not, I'm going to apologize. I can't lose him just like that. I can only hope that he forgives me.

"Jay!! Honey! Get up. Breakfast is ready!!" Mom barged into my room.

"Good morning to you too mom." I greeted sarcastically.

"Good morning and don't use that sarcasm on me."

"Whatever mom." I said getting up from my bed and heading towards bathroom.

"Owww!! What was that for?" I asked rubbing my back of head where she smacked me.

"I told you to not to show me that attitude of yours."

"No, you told me to not to use my sarcasm on you "

"That is that." She waved off.

"No, sarcasm and attitude are two different things mom."

"Whatever just go get ready and get down for breakfast." She snapped.

"Snap all you want, but you know that I am right and you are wrong. "I said and quickly dashed towards bathroom and locking the door behind me before she catches me.

"Just remember Jay, we live under same roof. I am going to get hold of you. And I am right!!" She shouted and left. To say she is a kind person by nature but she can get scary when you tell she's wrong. Do whatever you want but never ever dare to tell her that she's wrong, even though she is. And it's looks like I've digged my own grave. I just hope to live to see tomorrow.

*In hallway of house*

I was tiptoeing towards the kitchen hoping that she's not there, which I doubt she'll be not. But one can hope. I was literally walking on eggshells.

"Jay? What are you doing?"

"HOLY SHITTING COW!!" I yelped.

"What? What happened?!?"

"Dad seriously?" I asked in disbelief.

"What? I didn't do anything." Dad said bewildered at my accusing tone.

"You scared me."

"I was just trying to ask what you were doing." He said shrugging like he didn't scared the shit out of me.

"I was hiding from---

"What are you two doing there? Come on, your breakfast is getting cold." Mom shouted from the kitchen.

"And now I am busted." I said dropping my shoulder in defeat and walking into the kitchen.

"What did you do?" Dad whispered walking beside me.

"I just told her that she was wrong about sarcasm and attitude being the same thing." I whispered back.

"Well I can only wish you good luck son." He patted my back in pity. He may be a tough, cold hearted boss in his office but at home, mom is the boss. He'll not even dare to cross her word.

"Ohhh scrambled eggs. My favourite." Dad said happily, grabbing a plate for himself.

I eyed my seat and then mom.

"Don't look at me like that Jay. Grab a seat and start eating. I am not going to do anything." She said rolling her eyes at me.

"You are not?"

"If you don't sit now I might do something." She glared with her hands on her hips. I quickly sat down not wanting face her wrath.

"Good." She nodded and handing me my breakfast. "So I have been noticing something, I haven't seen Mark around since days. It's quite unusual of him of not being here."

"Umm yeah." I mumbled hoping she'll not question me about his whereabouts.

"Is he sick or something?"

"No. Umm it's just something happened between us." I said avoiding eye contact with them.

"What happened Jay?" She was quickly by my side. Both mom and dad were looking at me too explain and I had no choice but to tell them about yesterday's charade.

"And now I don't know how to face him." I recited the whole scenario between Kyle, Rachel and me and Mark.

"It's good." Mom said.

"What?!?" Both me and dad said in disbelief.

"No, I mean it's sad about whatever happened between you and Mark, I would like to say quite disappointing." She said pointedly looking at me. I bowed my head in shame. "But I am glad that you are finally getting rid of that Rachel girl. I never really liked her. I don't know why your dad was setting you up with her."

"What? I was just trying to help my son in his love life." He said.

"Yeah yeah it's better to stay single than be with girl like her. She is just like her bitchy mother." She snarled the last part.

"Rose!!"

"Mom!!"

"What it's truth! Even her name sounds bitchy. Brittany."

"Seriously Rose? You shouldn't talk about people like that." Dad scolded.

"Why not? And why are you defending her? Do you know every time we have those diner, she is eye-raping you. I know my husband is sexy and hot as hell." Okay I did not need hear that. "For god's sake she has her own husband for that! No need to eye mine!!" I could literally see steam coming out of her ears.

"Aww honey calm down." Dad said going by her side and calming her down.

"You know that I love you and only have my eyes for you right?" Dad cooed hugging her close.

"I know and I love you too but I don't like the way she looks at you." Mom said pouting.

"Well she can only look honey. But you, my love can look, touch, feel, lic--"

"Okay stop right there guys. You have seventeen years old son sitting right here." I said cutting them off. I really don't want hear or see any of those things. I shuddered.

"Maybe we should skip lunch and head to our bedroom." Mom whispered or I could say tried to whisper because I can clearly hear her.

"Yeah I think we should." Dad said pulling her close.

"Okay guys seriously stop. I am trying eat here. Between where is Giara? Has she arrived yet?" I asked but they were busy whispered and giggling. "Dad!"

"Yeah she has. She's​ waiting outside for you." He answered still staring at mom and caressing her cheek.

"Why outside?"

"She had some calls to make or something." He said.

"Okay." I said finally eating those tasting looking scrambled eggs. Hmm it tastes spicy. More spicy and more spicy......

"MOM!!!!!" I screamed in agony. My mouth was burning hot!!!! So much for I am not going to do anything mom!!

A/N:

Holla people!!!!! Alba is back again!!! And can I say finally?!? Because my exams were so dreadful. Especially my French paper. Ugh! But whatever​. Now I need to say sorry and thank you to my readers who are so patient and kind. I am seriously sorry for making you wait guys. I was just having a 'me' time after that dreadful exam. I promise I'll update regularly as possible with enjoying my short lived vacation. And that's all. Thank you for reading. Please do vote, comment and share with you pals.

P.s.: No offence to any Brittanys out there.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜