Chapter 51

Having something to protect is like having a very own weakness of yours.

Giara's POV.

"Why?" Jack asked when we reached the destination. We got off and walked towards the reception.

"Because there's something I need to check." I said.

"What?" He asked but I ignored him.

"Hey." I smiled at the receptionist. She looked up forcing a smile. "Last night a ball was held here. We wanted to check it's recording."

"I am sorry but I can't help you with that." She replied giving me a suspicious look.

"It's for investigation." I said. She stared at my face as if I was talking nonsense. "Gosh." I snorted. "Jack help me here." I said turning towards Jack.

"Huh? What?" He said pocketing his phone.

"Tell this lady that we are here for investigation."

"Huh yes. Ma'am we're here from SAA for investigation. We would like you to cooperate." He explained showing his batch and identity card.

"But sir I-

"Arabella what's wrong?" A male's voice echoed from behind us. We turned towards him.

"Oh you are the guy from last night." I said smirking at him. He politely smiled at me before taking out his hand to shake.

"Elijah Wright."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Giara Edwards this is my partner Jack Young." I said introducing myself and Jack.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." He said nodding towards Jack

"You know him?" Jack whispered in my ear.

"So is there any problem?" Elijah asked.

"We-" I was cut off by the receptionist lady.

"Sir they asking for last night's records." She said giving a look, 'bitch buzz off'. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry we can't do that unless you have solid reason or maybe a warrant." He said turning towards us.

"We do have a reason but who are you? And Lady is your manager around." Jack was annoyed now. He has the least patience.

"Technically I am the owner." Elijah said smiling at us.

"Yo-" I patted Jack's shoulder making him stop. He huffed and crossed his arms.

"Well Mr. Wright we are from SAA." I said showing him our batch. "We are here for investigation. So if you would allow us, we would like to check last night's records specifically about the people who were present here for the ball." I explained. "If you want us to get a warrant then we will get one right now."

"Hmmm SAA." He nodded. "Come with me." He said walking and we followed.

"You still didn't answer my question. How do you know him?" He whispered in my ear again.

"I don't. We just had glanced at each other last night when I was here for the ball." I replied.

"It don't think it was a glance." He mumbled. I gave him 'what do you mean look?' He answered with 'you know what I mean' look. We didn't know that we had stopped midway until we heard someone clear its throat. We looked towards it's direction to see Elijah standing few meters away from us staring at us in amusement.

"This way please." He said pointing his hand in front him.

"Ah yes." I smiled awkwardly and followed him. I felt his stare burning hole in my right cheek. "Stop staring at me Jack." I said without looking at him but no response. I turned towards him and groaned under my breath. He was looking at me with 'I won't back down until you tell me' eyes. "Jeez Okay. Fine. I was eyeing him okay."

"You pervert." He teased grinning.

"I mean come on. Look at the man he is the definition of sexy and plus a gentleman."

"Lookie lookie someone has a crush." He teased.

"Pfff.. I don't do crushes. I was just appreciating the beauty. Nothing is wrong in that."

"Yeah of course. You were just looking at him but your heart already has someone's name engraved on it." I stopped at that.

"What?" That dumb ass just smiled at me and whistled walking into the room in which Elijah just walked in. I quickly rushed inside to ask him what crap was he talking about but Elijah was already speaking.

"This is the last night's video recording." He said playing the video with several windows, it was the entrance of the ballroom, the ballroom, the hallway, lobby etc.

"Sir." A man come in with papers. He handed them to Elijah and walk off.

"Here this is the list of people who were present here." He handed the list to me.

"Hmm." I search for his name. Donati, Donati, Donati. Here he is. I nodded and looked up to see Elijah staring at me. I raised an eyebrow. He shook his head saying nothing. "Jack anything unusual?"

"Nah."

"If you don't mind me asking. Who are you searching for?" Elijah asked looking from me to Jack.

"Just a old friend of my employer." I replied leaning down, keeping my eyes on the screen searching for something unusual.

"There he is." Jack mumbled. We kept watching him following his every moment. "Is that? Is that you and that Jay kid?" Jack exclaimed pointing at the screen at out are figures dancing. "Looks like you are doing more than just protecting him." I smacked his back of head

"Shut up and do your job."

"So-rry." He snickered. We continued watching him. He was going around talking with people, greeting them, drinking champagne. Typical businessman. Businessman. Business! I remember Sophie talking about him and Elijah being partners.

"How do you know Angelo Donati?" I asked turning towards Elijah.

"Business partners. I mean we were." He replied furrowing his eyebrows.

"What kind of person he is?"

"Very private person. Nobody knows about his personal life. When we signed a deal, he would never attend meetings unless they were very very important. His assistant would do all his job. I don't exactly know much about him, well nobody's does."

"True. We tried searching him up but results were nothing. All you get is about Donati Empire. And let me tell you G, that man is loaded." Jack said turning around to face us in the rolling chair.

"He is loaded then what is his reason behind all this?" I mumbled to myself.

"But why are you looking for him?" Elijah asked.

"That's confidentially. But we appreciate your help Mr. Wright. Thank you." I said nodding at him. Jack stood up behind me.

"No that's fine, I'm glad I was able to help you." He smiled.

"Stop drooling." Jack teasingly whispered from behind. I jabbed my elbow in his stomach slightly laughing . Elijah stared at us in amusement while Jack was cough holding his stomach.

"Thank you for everything Mr. Wright. Now we'll take our leave." I said shaking his hand.

Jack sobered up and nodded at him.

"I'll walk you out." He said opening the door for us. What a gentleman. Walking out we passed the receptionist lady. I nodded in acknowledgment even though she was a bitch. She nodded back giving me small smile. We thanked Elijah for the last time before speeding off. I checked my watch, it was five pm.

"Jack drop me off at the Olsen's please."

"Okay." He turning the steering wheel making a turn towards the way to Olsen's mansion.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Thanks." I said getting off.

"Do you want me to wait?" He asked.

"No. I'll take a cab back home." I nodded and walked towards the doors. George answered the door.

"Ms. Edwards." He greeted and then his eyes went down towards to my hands.

"George. They are fine just a little scratch." I smiled. "Is Mr. Olsen in?" I asked walking in.

"Yes. I will inform him that you want to meet." He said. "You can wait in his office." I nodded and made my way towards his office. I waited for Mr. Olsen in his office.

"Giara." Mr. Olsen rushed in.

"Mr. Olsen I wanted to- "

"We were so worried about you." He said.

"I'm sorry about that Mr. Olsen. It was not supposed happen like that. I'm sorry I worried you all but I am fine." I gave him a small smile.

"Okay." He sighed. "Have a seat." He walking around the small teapoy and settling down on couch. "So what is it?"

"Angelo Donati, what kind of relationship did you have with him?"

"We were like brothers. Why?"

"Did something happened between you guys before you left the mob? Jealousy? Something you did?"

"No. Nothing like that happened. Jealousy? I don't think so because he was the one who encouraged me to take up the title. There was nothing I did that would have angered him. I mean I would have known if he was upset in one glance. He was kind of a person who take things to his heart even if it was a joke."

"Exactly Mr. Olsen. There must be something that had cause him do this. All this threatening thing."

"I don't remember doing anything that would upset him."

"Then why is he doing this. There must be a reason." I sighed rubbing my forehead.

"I'll talk to him. I am sure there is some misunderstanding. You know his whereabouts right? I'll talk to him."

"That's the problem Mr. Olsen. We can't find him. Nobody can." I sighed.

"What do you mean? You said you found our photo in his house."

"Yes I did but he has not returned to that house. Mr. Olsen do you know anything about Donati Empire?" I asked.

"Yes, I have heard that they very powe- Donati. You mean it's Angelo Donati." He realised.

"Then you must have heard that he is a very private. Nobody can get a hold on him but yet he attend the ball last night." I whispered the last part more to myself.

"I can't believe this. You are telling he was there yesterday."

"Yes, I went to hotel to check the records. He was and did nothing but converse with others, no unusual behaviour. I don't know what is he playing at?" I sighed again "I even had a conversation with one of his partners but his answer was the same. Nobody knows him really well."

Mr. Olsen nodded his head. "It is true. Angelo was always someone with quieter side. He used to not speak much. But I do remember, him quoting a line when I had decided to step down from my position. 'Having something to protect is like having a very own weakness of yours.' He had said it."

"Having something to protect is like having a very own weakness of yours. Having something to protect...is like having a very own weakness of yours. Weakness." I smirk. I guess he forget his own saying. I stood up. "Mr. Olsen thank you for your time. And don't worry I was assigned to protect your son and I will." I nodded and left his office. I quickly called Alec.

"Yes G."

"Get every info on Sophia Donati. When I say every I mean every." I said.

"Okay but what's the plan?" He asked

"I'll tell you when I'm home." With that I hung up and started walking towards the door.

"Giara!"

A/N:

Ding! Ding! Who do you think it is? Calling Giara? What do you think Angelo's plan is? So many questions and suspense. Let me know all your theories and opinions in the comments section below. Don't forget to vote and share this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜