Chapter Four

Luca was no where to be found. He never reported back to Vito after he was sent to Sollozzo. Roberto was acting overly cautious too. It didn't go unnoticed by Sonny and Fiona.

"Whats the matter with you? You're actin' like you've been cheating on your wife!" Sonny said with a smirk and a chuckle. "Its nothing. Everything is fine!" Roberto would always say. But its been two weeks since he was acting this weird and Fiona got out of her way to find out what's wrong with him.

But before Fiona could find out what had happened, Roberto caved and spilled the beans. "Its Grace, she's pregnant." Roberto said with a small smile to Sonny and Fiona.

"Woah Robby- Grace who? Grace Castanzo?" Fiona asked in shock while Sonny prayed that it wasn't the same Grace Fiona was mentioning. Roberto shifted his gaze from his sister, not wanting to meet her eyes nor Sonny's.

"No- jesus christ Roberto!" Sonny exclaimed almost pulling out his hair from his scalp. The Castanzo family never played around, they were serious even though they were a small group that wasn't really well known, but if someone messed with them, or in particular their girls, then it was an end game. But the Corleone family kept track of other families. 

"What were you thinking?" Fiona said calmly but in disbelieve. "You know what'll happen?" 

"We're not sure if its my kid..." Roberto said with regret in his eyes. Sonny's temper couldn't be controlled and that was well known about him- he stood up and launched himself at Roberto, pulling him by his collar, shaking him a couple of times. "What're you stupid!? You have all the ladies in the world and you fuck a Castanzo!?" 

Fiona sighed and rubbed her temples before walking calmly to the two and breaking them apart. "I loved her okay?! I loved her!" Roberto said, spit spraying out of his mouth. Fiona pushed her brother to sit down and held him gently by the back of the neck. She did the same to Sonny. 

"If you two keep shouting, I'll whoop your asses. No need for all the shouting." Fiona said calmly, pressing down on their necks. 

"You know I'm older than you?" Roberto said, humor in his voice but as soon as it came, it was gone. "By 15 minutes Roberto." Fiona rolled her eyes. 

"What is pop gonna think!" Sonny ignored their previous comment and slammed his hand on the marble table in frustration. "He's not gonna think- I'm not his son." Roberto cupped his face, sighing loudly. 

"You're a son to him as Mike and I are sons to him- Fiona is a daughter to him as much as Connie!" Fiona and Roberto knew that the words of Sonny were true. The two became close to Vito and the family and there was no denial in it. Everyone thought that the Marino twins would come in, do their job, sweep some mess and go back to Italy to their father. But they stayed. And everyone were glad they did. 

"Listen, we don't know if its Roberto's kid yet, alright?" Fiona sat on the chair between the boys. "Lets all wait and find out.." Fiona didn't have anything else to say- she didn't know what else to do or what else to think of anyway. She knew if Grace's husband and brothers found out that she cheated and was pregnant with Roberto's baby, hell would break loose. 

Fiona sat outside the garden in Vito's house, watching the snow fall down slowly, as if they were in slow motion. Her mind was blank as she stared at the white dots that were piling on the floor. She preferred it that way, she didn't want to think about the whereabouts of Luca nor Roberto's situation. 

Her nose was pink from the cold, her fingers, as if they were iced. But her head and feet were warm from her hat and her thick socks that she brought the other night. But she just sat there, watching. Other people who passed by would think Fiona was in deep thought, but really- she was just watching. 

But from time to time while she sat down on the bench, Roberto's well being crossed her mind. 

"You're gonna catch a cold if you keep sitting down here." A figure stood beside her, startling her. "I didn't mean to startle you." The gentle smile and voice belonged to Michael. Fiona looked up and met his eyes. "That's alright, no harm done." 

"May I?" Michael said, looking at the empty spot beside her. "Be my guest." Fiona said happily. 

As Michael sat beside her, she could feel his warmth radiating. The two sat in comfortable silence, once in awhile glancing at each other, but as their eyes met, they'd look away from each other. 

A smile formed on Fiona's lips. "How's Kay?" Michael was startled by the question, he was hesitant on answering. "She's fine." He said simply. "That's good." Fiona said. 

"I heard your mother was Spanish, and your father Italian. How'd they meet I wonder?" Michael asked, trying to start a conversation. "Well its a funny story. You see..." As Fiona answered his question, telling him about her family- the two hit it off form there. Giggles and laughs erupted right after and the two continued to converse, getting more comfortable with each other. However, their scene wasn't as private as they thought- in Vito's office, Fredo was watching them by the window. 

While Fredo was watching them, Vito and Roberto noticed how Fredo's mood changed as he looked out the window. Fredo never blinked as he looked out the window. First, anger was written all of over his face, then, defeat was shown. He blinked his eyes and opened it after a long time, swallowing hard and turned around. Ignoring the scene that was taken in the garden. He poured himself a drink and sat down beside Tom. 

Oh how much he envied Michael right now.