Chapter Thirty One

"Michael, I need you to promise me-" Fiona's breathing got heavier as her heart demanded to break free as it boxed her ribcage stronger by the minute, "never lie to me, never hide anything from me. Promise me Michael, promise me with you life."

The day Michael met up with Kay, he told Fiona that he had business to take care of with Tom- afraid that he'll upset her if he mentioned meeting up with Kay.

"Even if it hurts me Michael, just don't lie or hide anything from me. Please." Fiona said desperately as she clung on Michael as his arms wrapped around her waist in need.

"I promise, Fiona. I promise." Michael's words made Fiona's lips turn up into a smile. Immediately Fiona went on her tip toes and caught his lips.

As Michael and Fiona were busy engulfing each other, Fredo's heart broke into two as he overheard everything.

Fredo sighed, feeling every shatter in his heart as he went down to the garden and threw himself on the chair.

He stared into nothing for awhile before Tom came in.

Tom however, interrupted Fredo's personal time as he stepped out of the house to get some fresh air in the garden, since Vito was resting upstairs with his wife.

"You alright, Fredo?" The heartbroken man sighed deeply and instantly Tom knew why. Before Sonny passed, Sonny would let Tom in on Fredo's little crush on Fiona. While Sonny saw it as just a crush, Tom thought otherwise.

He knew not to pester the man about it more but Fredo naively opened up, "what's wrong with me, Tommy?"

"What do you mean, Fredo? I don't think there's something wrong with you."

"Fiona, she's..."

"In love with Michael?" It was as if Tom rubbed in salt in his wide open wound as he pointed out the obvious.

Before Fredo could open his mouth about his little love crisis, Tom immediately cut him off, "uhh, Fredo...there are other girls alright? Don't think too much about it." Tom awkwardly patted Fredo on the shoulder for some comfort and left the man alone with his thoughts.

The only thing that Fredo didn't spill was Michael asking Fiona to marry him. Tom didn't know how much Fredo was suffering in the inside, currently, all Fredo felt was lonely, as lonely as a lighthouse. And broken as a middle school teen who has broken up with his first girlfriend.

Upstairs though, Michael noticed the little bruise that formed on Fiona's cheekbone that he did not see earlier while they ate dinner. Immediately his brows furrowed and a scowl consumed his face when he noticed the little bruise, "I thought my father stopped using you for these kind of business."

"Michael, it's alright, I handled it." When Michael found out that Enzio was in trouble and that the Don sent Fiona to handle it, Michael couldn't even sigh in frustration. He couldn't argue with the woman, after all, he knew- like everybody else- that the Don trusted Fiona and her brother with his life to get the job done right. He couldn't deny that Fiona was good at what she did too.

That night, Fiona and Michael spent it in bed till they fell asleep. But before that, they spent time cuddling, then, making love.

The kissing started out innocently but it quickly turned rough and desperate. Michael's thumb rested on Fiona's chin pulling it down slowly, his tongue requesting access, ready to roam and feel every inch of her strawberry flavored mouth. In the beginning Fiona teased him but granted his wish later on.

His lips abandoned hers as it traveled down to her neck, tugging at her skin with his teeth playfully, his licking tickled her slightly, but it was a rather new sensation that she grew to love. When her sweet spot was soon discovered, a moan tumbled out of her mouth while her legs tugged tighter around Michael's waist- it immediately threw the man into a frenzy, making him flip Fiona from above him. ​

Fiona gasped at the sudden and fast movement as she now laid underneath Michael.

The man's lips left her neck, kissing her collarbones then his kisses traveled down to her belly- sending a hot sensation flowing within her while her stomach turned into knots- later, Michael's lips started to kiss and lick her thighs making the woman shake slightly as she tucked at his hair, moaning.

Fiona only moaned louder when Michael decided to kiss her area, the constant licking and kissing made her want to loose it. But soon, before she knew it, Michael's length entered her.

It was so gentle at first, then, the rocking became faster and faster- Fiona's nails dug deeper into his shoulders while Michael constantly tugged at her neck with his teeth as he moaned too.

"M-Michael.."

Fiona moaning out his name encouraged the man to do it better- the rocking became sloppy and harder, Michael needed her to come first before he would, he didn't see it as fair if he did it first.

But the two of them came at the same time, and from exhaustion, Michael gently laid himself atop of Fiona.

His fingers traveled to her necklace, playing with the little gold sun between his fingers as he kissed Fiona's shoulder- unexpectedly lifting Fiona up and placing the woman on top of him.

Fiona, giggling at the sudden action, laid her chin on his chest as Michael rested his head on the headboard.

"Michael?"

"Darling?"

"I love you."