Chapter Fourty Four

Michael's eyes fluttered as he felt the heavy spot beside him grow light. It took him a minute for his eyes to settle and the first thing he set his eyes on in the morning was Fiona.

Gabriel's legs were sprawled on Fiona's hips as his head laid awkwardly beside Michael. While Fiona and Gabriel were asleep, Eva was missing from bed. Before leaving to search for his daughter to see what mischief she was up to, Michael placed a kiss on his wife's forehead and his son's cheek before exiting the room.

The house was quiet this time of day. No one was awake by 7 in the morning, everyone was usually awake by 9. Except Fiona, who sometimes slept in when there was nothing the Don wanted her to do.

Michael's feet dragged towards his kids' room with sore arms. The other night Eva used his arm as a pillow, while his other arm was sprawled out to Fiona who rested her head comfortably on his hand.

As he entered the room, his daughter was laying on the floor, watching whatever she was watching under the bed. Michael, who was intrigued, crouched on the other side and peeked under the bed with his daughter.

"G'morning, papa." His daughter said, not really bothered by his presence as her excited eyes watched Kitty feed her kittens under Gabriel's bed.

"Good morning." Michael kissed his daughter's head before returning his eyes to the cats, "I think she brought them in here because of the rain last night."

"Mm-hm, I think so too." Eva chirped as her father stood up and rested himself upon his daughter's small bed.

As Michael watched his daughter in pure entertainment and curiosity as she furrowed her brows and her tongue slightly sticking out in concentration, Eva reminded Michael of his wife.

There were many similarities between little Eva and Fiona already, like when it came to their intensity, curiosity and energy.

"Can we go get some ice cream?"

Michael furrowed his brows at his daughter's sudden request.

With a little smirk as he glanced at his watch, Michael met his daughter's hopeful big eyes. "It's...it's seven fifteen in the morning and I don't think your mother'll be happy if I feed you ice cream for breakfast."

"She doesn't have to know." Michael giggled at his daughter's comment- he immediately got off the bed and grabbed her from under her arms, lifting her up and carrying her as he emitted a long exaggerated groan.

"I don't think so, sweetheart. But you know what we can do instead?" Michael's dark orbs met his daughter's eyes that were tainted in excitement.

"What?"

"We can go and make some breakfast, just the two of us- come on." Michael already began to walk down the stairs before his daughter could mutter her little approval.

Setting his daughter on the kitchen table, his daughter's eyes suddenly widened at a thought, "can we make waffles?"

Michael chuckled at his daughter's excitement as he shook his head, "I can't make waffles honey. How about pancakes?"

"Mm'kay." Eva shrugged her shoulders as Michael quickly grabbed her once more and set her on the marble counter.

"Alright, can you crack the eggs for me, sweetheart? I'll teach you how to crack the eggs." Michael demonstrated to his daughter how to crack the eggs without getting the shells in the batter, but Eva immediately failed the task as she dug her thumbs in the egg, allowing all the eggshell to seep into the batter.

To make it more fun, Eva decided that throwing a little bit of flour on her father's face'll make the process more enjoyable.

So instead of making breakfast, the two were throwing flour at each other, messing up the kitchen cupboards, floor, counter and themselves.

As the two turned around at the sight of Fiona at the door with her arms crossed on her chest, their giggles and laughter immediately halted.

Fiona raised her brows questionably as she blinked the sleep away from her eyes several times. With a hopeless sigh, Fiona finally spoke. "I'm going back to sleep. You two best clean this kitchen up and make some actual breakfast."

Turning to leave, Fiona called out behind her, "and you two better make me something!"

AN: okay okay i know i havent been updating much recently! But i was very busy editing and writing my other story called beyond infinity - sam drake, if you guys r interested go check it out! This chapter was mainly to show the relationship between Eva and Michael! The next chapter'll be more serious! Thank u guys for the wait! Thank u for ur likes and lovely comments!
❤️❤️