Chapter Thirty Five

The moment the sun was up, Fiona was agitated.

Why did it have to be so bright? The woman thought as she yanked the blanket to cover her face. Without her knowledge, that hard pull on the blanket made Michael jolt awake as the blanket abandoned his body, allowing the cold air to hit him harshly.

He sighed as he knew exactly what happened- the bright light annoyed Fiona and she, annoyed, pulled the blanket to shield her eyes, forgetting all about Michael's existence.

Fiona who was hoping to go back to sleep, had a very difficult time trying to at least nap an hour more. Her sweating while her head throbbed painfully seemed endless to her.

Even though Fiona appreciated Michael's attention on her every time he woke up- this time, she hoped he'd just go back to sleep on his side of the bed. But he didn't.

Michael's arm wrapped around Fiona's waist and pulled her in closer to his chest, kissing her forehead, "Fay, I'd appreciate it if I could share the blanket with you." 

At Fiona's silence, Michael took it as a sign that she was only drifting back to sleep- to wake the woman up, his warm lips touched her hot neck, Michael's brows furrowed in confusion as Fiona moaned in irritation.

"Fay, darling, are you alright?" As his palm touched Fiona's forehead, he yanked himself up to sit properly. But before he knew it, Fiona was off the bed and bolted to the bathroom.

As the man followed behind his wife and at the sight of her, he immediately rushed to her side and lifted up her hair while he rubbed her back in comfort.

After Fiona was done gagging and got rid of what she ate at night, she slumped beside Michael on the bathroom floor, "I feel like crap."

"Well, you're pretty warm." Michael placed his hand on her forehead again, "come, I'll fix you a bath."

As Fiona sat in the tub while Michael was called downstairs by Tom for a certain something, a sudden urge to get Michael in the tub excited Fiona.

Not only did Michael, Tom and Vito realised the changing moods of Fiona, but she did too. If she was happy, the next second she'll be angry or sometimes sad, her moods were rather fragile and sometimes Michael had to always find a way to tip toe around it, afraid of making her sad or angry.

Another thing that only Michael would know was her sex drive, sometimes when he didn't feel like it, she did and vice versa.

Not only were her moods affected, it was also her cravings for food. Sometimes, she'd crave ice cream in the middle of the night, sometimes she'd eat weird combination of food while Michael watched her intently moan and roll her eyes at how it was so good.

A click of the door caught Fiona's attention, Michael sat on the bed and lit his cigarette. The simple gesture made Fiona bite her lower lip. Her husband who was sitting on the edge of the bed who shrugged away his coat that pooled beside him, fingers running thru his neat hair making it messy, his other hand unbuttoning his shirt while his lips tightened around the butt of the cigarette made him more handsome.

To Fiona, less was more.

The simple actions of Michael was already intoxicating and it was rather amusing to Fiona how oblivious Michael was about how him just existing made Fiona content.

"Michael." As Fiona sung his name from the bathroom -that existed inside their bedroom that only used to belong to him before- made the corners of his lips tug upwards. The man made his way to the woman in the bath tub and to observe her, he leaned on the doorway as the smoke slightly covered his face only revealing his strong dark eyes.