Chapter Twenty Two

When Fiona woke to birds chirping out her balcony and the natural light agitating her eyes, Michael was still bedside her.

She was curled up into him, his right arm underneath her body. As she slightly moved, it made Michael wrap his arms tighter around her in his sleep. She knew if she moved again she would wake the man from his sleep so she tried her best to lay still, but she failed.

Michael stirred in his sleep as he blinked a couple of times. As his eyes adjusted and set on Fiona, a smile grew on his face, making Fiona smile too.

"Good morning." Michael said, his voice still laced in sleep.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?" Fiona asked him, she internally felt bad that she kept sticking into him the whole night.

Michael nodded his head, "did you?"

"Yes." Fiona answered before hoisting herself up with her elbows.

Then, silence loomed over them, as if suddenly Fiona became lost in her thoughts.

"What's on your mind?" Michael pulled himself up, leaning his head against the head board as his eyes bore into Fiona.

"We did it last night...you kissed me before I left...you got me flowers. Michael, what does it mean?" Her tone carried a lot of confusion, Michael could hear it.

He knew this was the time to confess, it was the only best opportunity to do so. "I think I love you, Fay."

"I think I love you, Fay." Michael's words kept repeating in Fiona's head over and over again. As Fiona took a quick bath, Michael sat outside their home, walking around the garden deep in thought.

How could he love her? How could anyone romantically love her in that way?

A sudden thought came into Fiona's mind, does he miss Kay?

She snapped herself out of it, she shouldn't be having such thoughts. Isn't this what she wanted? She knew the feelings were mutual, so why was she doubting him?

As she heard the creak from the door she instantly flinched. "Michael?" She called out but there was no reply.

"Michael?" Again, no reply.

She got off the chair to search for him but only found a weird boot print on the floor beside the main home entrance.

It was mud on the floor.

Before she could turn around she was grabbed by the neck and pulled into a strong body.

"A message for you-" A rough voice said, "say Hello to Roberto on the other side."

From the side of Fiona's view, she could see the man holding a sharp knife.

As Michael finally decided what he was finally going to do, he was ready to go back in. He made his way to the house. What made him run though, was when he heard a loud crash.

Michael ran up to Fiona and flung the door open only to see the broken table scattered all over the floor, some cups were shattered too.

Fiona's favorite book was thrown on the floor.

The next sight, made him see red.

A man trying to strangle Fiona.