Chapter Six

Fiona and Connie were sat in the garden, talking to each other and telling each other everything they have missed out.

Connie isn't close to Fiona like she used to before she was married and Fiona completely understood why. Connie was busy and wanted to always satisfy her husband.

Fiona didn't blame Connie at all but found it very odd, but didn't dare say anything. After all, it was non of her business.

"C'mon lets head back inside. Its getting cold." Connie said, linking her arm with Fiona's as they walked inside the house.

Fiona and Connie removed their coats, Fiona grabbed the Brandy and poured some for Connie. As she offered Connie the drink, her eyes landed on Connie's arm.

A big purple and blue bruise was on her arm, peaking from her sleeve. A pang erupted in Fiona's chest and the worry she felt in her heart was evident on her face.

"I-I fell going d-down the stairs." Connie chuckled nervously, taking the drink from Fiona's hand and hiding her arm with her other free hand.

"Connie..." Fiona said, slowly sitting on the table. "Connie are you sure...?" Fiona asked almost in a whisper, she tugged her hair behind her ear.

"I'm sure of it Fay, there's nothing t-to worry about." Connie gave Fiona a big smile, but her eyes said otherwise.

Fiona wasn't stupid, she knew a bruise like that wouldn't be from a fall. She hoped her feeling was wrong- she hoped that she saw it all wrong. She hoped that it wasn't her husband who was doing it.

Why would he? Didn't they love each other greatly?

"Connie I-" Before Fiona could say anything more, she was interrupted by Roberto. "Hello ladies!" He said while his jacket was flung over his shoulder.

He kissed his sister on the cheek and then Connie's. "how're you Connie?" Roberto said, standing beside his sister and leaned on her shoulder.

"I'm good Rob, and how're you?" Connie said sweetly- only then did Fiona focused on Connie's lips and found a small bruise below her lower lip.

Fiona had to shift her gaze away quickly before Connie took notice. "I'm great Connie- listen, I need Fiona for the day, is that okay with you?" Roberto said.

"I don't mind." Connie said standing up. Then, they said their goodbyes to Connie and left the house.

"Are you alright? You seem out of it." Roberto said while driving, glancing once in awhile to his sister who was sat beside him in the car.

Fiona sighed silently. "Does...does Connie seem different to you, Roberto...?" Fiona's words caught her brother's attention.

"What do you mean different?"

"I don't know, j-just different in general!" Fiona said more louder this time. "Well gee Fay, if you can be anymore specific!" Roberto said sarcastically, irritating Fiona.

"Forget it Roberto! Its nothing!"

"Whats gotten you in a knot?" Roberto realized that today, his sister was not in the mood. His sister didn't reply.

"Alright I'm sorry, lets just go and kill this guy alright?" Roberto said, but his sister didn't reply. "W-We can get ice cream afterwards." He had his sister's attention but she still didn't say anything. Roberto sighed before reply, "Fine, it'll be on me!"

"Alright, I want chocolate ice cream." Fiona said, crossing her arms.

"Jeez, you're such a baby!"