Chapter Twenty Five

When morning arrived birds chirping came with it along with the burning sun high in the sky that woke Michael and Fiona.

"Close the curtain Michael, I need more sleep." Fiona groaned as she covered herself with the blanket.

"If I'm awake, then you must wake up too." Michael said with a grin and crossed arms. "Oh, Michael. There is no sense or logic to what you just said." Fiona scoffed under the cover.

"Lets go out for a walk or drive to the market." Michael said, removing his shirt to change his clothes.

"No." Fiona said urgently.

Michael gasped, "what do you mean no? C'mon Fay."

"No." Fiona said again. "Fiona." Michael warned playfully.

"I just need 20 more minutes." Fiona cried.

"Okay, 20 minutes it is then." Michael said, a minute after Michael said that Fiona's 20 minutes were up.

"It hasn't even been five minutes, Michael!"

"Okay, let's try a different strategy." Michael smirked mischievously and jumped on the bed, pulling the cover off of Fiona.

Fiona squealed under Michael as he started to tickle her. She tried to wiggle her way out but Michael's grip was too strong, Fiona's laughter echoed through the villa and tears escaped her eyes. She couldn't breathe anymore so she gave in, "okay! Okay! I'm awake!"

Michael smirked triumphantly as he pulled Fiona out of bed by her wrist, before Fiona could comprehend, she was in Michael's embrace. 

"Good morning." Michael whispered in her ear as he tuck her hair behind her ear, his right arm lacing around her waist as he held her protectively. "Oh, good morning indeed." Fiona said, smiling in his chest. 

"Let's get ready. We'll have some breakfast and do something new today, shall we?" Michael's left hand was placed behind her head, his fingers playing with her brunette hair. "Something new? What do you have in mind?" As Fiona spoke, she moaned afterwards in delight, wrapping her arms around Michael's waist making his heart thump. 

"We can figure it out after breakfast." Michael took a good look at her before he smiled, pecking her lips softly before letting her go to get changed. 

After they ate their breakfast that they cooked together, they strolled towards the car, before Fiona could make it to the passenger's side, Michael stopped her. "Do you wanna drive today?" Fiona stood in her spot in bewilderment, squinting her eyes at him, "me? Michael I can't drive!" 

"You can't drive?" Michael questioned in confusion, "I thought you could." Fiona shrugged, "Roberto never taught me, I never thought it was gonna be handy." 

"So you know how to shoot a gun but not drive a car?" Michael teased her with a small smirk on his face. "Stop teasing me, Mikey." Fiona rolled her eyes. "C'mere, I'll teach you, c'mere sweetheart." Fiona felt her heart stop, she blinked her eyes a couple of times. 

What did he just call me?

Yes, they've had sex, saw each other naked, cooked together, slept in the same bed, and when he was in the shower she'd be on the toilet and vice versa, but never did he call her sweetheart or any pet names ever. This was the first time. 

She loved it. The way it rolled off his tongue with his gentle voice made her fingers tingle. But she didn't answer him though, she obliged and was by his side straight away. 

Michael sat in the passenger's seat while Fiona sat in the driver's seat. She gripped the leathered wheel hard till her knuckles turned white. Michael glanced at her only to see her nervous, he chuckled to himself before he spoke, "Fay, you don't have to be so nervous. You also don't have to grip it that hard." 

Fiona glanced over at Michael and whispered, "Sorry.." 

"Alright, so this is what you do.." 

For the past three days, Michael spent it teaching Fiona how to drive. The first day, Fiona almost crashed into the gate because she accelerated too hard and didn't know what to do. The second day Fiona improved a little but on the third day, Michael didn't have to grip the dashboard anymore. 

"I swear, one day you'll be the death of me. I think it's safer if you stay away from cars." Michael said as Fiona abruptly stopped the car. Fiona snorted at Michael, "Oh c'mon I improved! C'mon Mikey, you're a great teacher." Fiona encouraged Michael to continue the session but Michael already got out of the car. 

"Alright, tomorrow we can do it again." As Fiona got out of the car along with Michael, the gate opened only to see a person they were not expecting to see at all. 

They knew whenever he showed up, there was trouble. 

"Greetings. Don Tommasino." Michael opened the door for the slightly larger man. 

"Ciao, Don Tommasino!" I made my way towards the two and greeted the man, kissing Don Tommasino's cheek politely. 

"How's Palermo?" Michael asked politely. Then, Don Tommasino rambled about how times were changing and the younger generations did not respect their elders. Fiona slightly cringed, the words that entered her ears reminded her of her father. He always used to say that whenever her and her siblings did a mistake. Even a slight, small mistake. 

But then the Don glanced over at Fiona and Michael, "This place has become too dangerous for the both of you... I want you two to move to a vila near Siracusa, immediately." Suddenly, Fiona's stomach dropped at the Don's words. 

Michael gently tapped the Don's cheek and asked what was wrong. 

Fiona wished that Michael did not ask. 

"Bad news from America...your brother, Santino, they killed him." The Don placed his hand on Michael's shoulder awkwardly, hoping that the small gesture would give him comfort. 

Fiona's lips parted and she stared at the patch of grass beneath her foot. First it was Roberto and now Sonny was gone. Sonny out of all people was gone. Michael however, stared at a part of the Don's shirt, lost in his own thoughts that Fiona wished she knew what he was thinking of. Then, a scowl was slapped onto Michael's face. 

As Michael glanced down at Fiona, Fiona looked up at him. She saw the hurt in his eyes, he looked vulnerable. Fiona didn't have anything to say to him. No words were able to fix anything. 

Because Sonny was gone forever along with Roberto.