Chapter 3 - Get out of my mind

Sophia's P.O.V.

Suddenly, the door opened and he pulled back. He led the way for me to walk out. I squeezed the strap of my bag. I was ridiculous. If the elevator didn't open, I would have let him kiss me.

Xander's P.O.V

I pulled back when the elevator door opened. I was going to kiss her. I didn't like the effect she had on me. I should not be attracted to her. I was angry at myself.

"Get in the car. I'll drop you off," I said to her.

"Thank you, but I don't need a ride. I borrowed my friend's car."

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

Sophia's P.O.V.

The valet brought his car after we left the building. It was a red Ferrari car. He offered to drop me off, but I told him that I had borrowed my friend's car. I said that because my car was the latest model. If he saw it, he would get suspicious. He got into his car and left. How was it possible that the car fitted to his owner that much? After the valet brought my car I got in the car. I was not living with my parents. I had been living in my apartment alone since I graduated with a master degree in Miami.

My father called me when I entered my home. He asked how the day had been. I explained to him what happened. After, I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I put on a black T-shirt and denim shorts. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and I went to open it.

"Ella?" It was my best friend.

"I was wondering, how was your day? " she asked.

" Come inside. I will tell," and I told her everything.

"Oh."

"Yes."

"It was predictable, but I think Xander felt something for you, too," she said.

"I do not know."

"Look at what I will show you. After I talked to you, I did some research about him. Look what I found. By the way, he is really handsome."

She showed me his photos on her iPad. There were a lot of photos—in the pool, on the beach, in the company, and in events. How could he look good in all photos? There was not even one bad photo. Of course, if you were Xander Knight it was quite out of the question.

" I searched his relationships, too, but I didn't find any photos of him with any woman. I was curious about it and I found something. He had been named only with that woman in magazines," and she showed me the woman and continued to say, " with Lily Williams, four years ago. There is no photo or news after that. Look at this."

When I looked at the photo Xander was holding her hand. They were smiling. I had never seen him this happy before, even in photos that we had seen before.

"The girl was an architect. They were going to get married, but they broke up. There hasn't been any other news."

The news intrigued me. Maybe they were still together. Maybe they just wanted to keep it for themselves. Otherwise, there would be a photo of him with someone else. Even this thought made my heart sink.

Xander's P.O.V

I drove away from the holding. I had to get rid of this feeling. I won't let her have this effect on me. I grabbed my phone and called Sarah. "20 minutes, be at my home," I commanded.

"I cannot make it in 20 minutes."

"Are you coming or do I need to call someone else?" I asked her.

"Okay. I'm coming," she responded.

I hung up and threw it onto the side seat. I stopped in front of my house. I grabbed my phone and got out of the car. I got into my house. I took off my jacket and threw it onto the armchair. I poured some whiskey and drank it all in one shot. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I put the glass on the table and went to open the door.

When I opened the door, Sarah was standing in front of me. She wore a mini dress that showed her curves. I never sleep with the same woman twice in my life. I never wanted to have the possibility of connecting with anyone, even if I knew it wouldn't happen.

I pulled her closer to me by her waist and kissed her lips roughly. I slammed the door with my foot. I pressed her against the wall. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I grabbed her hands and held them high above her head. I mumbled, "No touching." I started kissing her lips. I lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist. I carried her upstairs. I carried her to my bedroom and put her on the bed. I moved my lips down to her neck. I completely removed the straps of her dress. "Arianna," I murmured.

"Xander, who is she?" She pushed me away by pressing her hands on my chest.

Shit! I said her name. What had she done to me? I couldn't get her out of my mind. "Sarah, shut up! "

I started kissing her lips roughly. I was sure, her lips were going to be swollen. She ran her hands through my hair. I took off her dress quickly and threw it onto the floor.

When I woke up she was sleeping on my chest. I got up. She opened her eyes, yawning.

"Get ready and leave. I have a meeting." I went to the bathroom. I stayed under the warm water and closed my eyes. Her eyes came in front of me. "Get out of my mind!" I screamed and punched the wall.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I left my car and took a taxi. If Xander saw my car he would be suspicious. As an assistant, I could not buy the latest model car.

I saw Amelia. I greeted her, "Hello! "

" He is irritable today. He flounced into his office. Be careful! " she responded back.

"When is he not," I rolled my eyes.

Xander's P.O.V

I came to the company and quickly went to my office. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

Arianna walked in and closed the door behind her. "I arranged the meeting with Mr. Grayson. The meeting will be tomorrow at 11 o'clock. Do you want me to do anything else?"

"No," I said without looking at her. "You will be joining the meeting. Tell me immediately when you receive the contract with Mr. Scott."

"Ok."

I did not even look at her face during the meeting. When the meeting was over I left the meeting room without waiting for her.

" Mr. Knight?" Amelia stopped me.

"You have a guest in your room, Mr. Knight."

"Who?"

"Lily Williams."