Chapter 29 - Knight in shining armour

Four months later

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I opened my eyes in the morning, Xander was talking to my stomach. My stomach was much bigger now; the due time was close. I couldn't see my feet anymore while I walked. Xander smiled at me when he noticed that I was awake.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, darling." I rubbed my belly, putting my hand on my stomach. "Good morning to you too, my son."

Suddenly, our baby kicked me. I put my hand on the left side of my belly where he kicked. He had been kicking me hard for the past week.

"What happened?" Xander asked me nervously. I placed his hand on the left side of my belly where the baby kicked.

"He kicked!" he said excitedly and then our son kicked again, "he kicked!" He kissed my baby bump.

Later, Xander went to the bathroom. I got up and put on my clothes. I was trying to put my sneakers on, but I couldn’t because I couldn't bend down. I was staring at the sneakers. Xander came out and saw me. Without saying a word, he got down on his knee in front of me and helped me put on my shoes.

"I love you, my knight in shining armor," I said and he smiled.

He kissed my hand and said, "I love you too."

He rubbed my belly and stood up. He was putting on his clothes. I was looking at him. My handsome husband.

He noticed that I was staring and said, "Do you enjoy the view?"

"Very much," I responded grinning. He came closer to me and kissed my lips. Then he put his shirt on and tied his tie.

 Then he put his shirt on and tied his tie

After, we went down and had breakfast. After breakfast, Xander went to the holding. Today, Ella was visiting me. Ella and James, Xander's friend, were dating. We talked for a while and then she left.

I went to the bedroom and rested. I couldn’t stand for so long. My feet got sore quickly. I woke up with kisses.

"We missed you so much." I wrapped my hands around Xander's neck.

"I missed you too," he said and kissed my lips. He kissed my stomach too. "Let's have dinner."

We went downstairs and later watched a movie. Xander was sitting on the couch and wrapped his arm around me. I was resting my head on his shoulder.

"Xander?"

"Yes, beautiful."

"We haven't decided our son's name. Let's decide now."

"I like Chase from the list we looked at."

"Ashton is a beautiful name, too."

"Yes, then, Chase Ashton Knight."

"Yes, I like it. My son, do you like it?" I asked, rubbing my stomach. Suddenly, he kicked. "He kicked. He also likes his name."

Xander rubbed my belly with an amusing smile. We went to the bedroom. I woke up at night. I wanted vanilla ice cream. I tapped Xander’s shoulder to wake him up.

"Xander," I said but there was no response. I tapped his shoulder again and said, "Xander."

"Hmm."

"Xander, wake up."

He rubbed his eye and opened his eyes. "What happened, Sophia? Is the baby coming?" He placed his hand on my belly anxiously.

"No, I want vanilla ice cream," I said innocently. He was sleepy and trying to figure out what I had said. He smiled afterward.

"Okay, I'll bring some. We have some in the fridge."

"…No, we don’t…I ate it."

"All of it? The box was full. I saw some when I was getting some water yesterday."

"I craved some earlier," I mumbled while rubbing my belly.

He smiled and said, "Alright, I’ll go to the supermarket." I smiled. He got up and put his clothes on and left.

I was waiting for him and called him, "Where are you?"

"I or ice cream?" he asked with a small laugh.

"Both of you," I answered. I’d bet that he was smirking after he heard that.

"I finally found an open supermarket. I'm coming."

"Could you buy ice cream with pistachio too?"

"Alright. Do you want anything else?"

"No, but come quickly."

"Ok."

I hung up the phone and rubbed my belly. "Ice cream is coming, my son."

Afterwards, I waited for Xander to come back with the ice cream. When Xander entered the bedroom with trays of ice cream, I said, "Ice cream came! Give it to me quickly."

He gave me the ice cream box while smiling. I quickly took a spoon of ice cream. I closed my eyes as I tasted it. As I was eating my ice cream, I told Xander, "Thank…you."

"You are welcome. Slow down!" he said smiling.

"But…it's…so…delicious," I said while extending the spoon to him. He opened his mouth and ate it. After we finished eating, we fell asleep hugging each other.

Xander's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling something touching my stomach slightly. When I opened my eyes, Sophia was sleeping in my arms. She was leaning her belly against me. My son was kicking. He was kicking so hard that I felt it. I placed my hand on her belly and rubbed it.

"My son, you’re awake." He kicked again and I smiled. I kissed her belly. Sophia rubbed her eyes and opened her eyes.

"Good morning," I greeted and she smiled.

"Good morning. Why did you wake up so early?" she asked.

"I woke up by his kicks," I said pointing to her belly with an amusing smile. I was still rubbing her belly. Our son kicked again.

"Ahhh!" Sophia screamed and placed her hand on top of her belly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, he kicked so hard. He has been kicking hard for a few days."

"My son will be as strong as his father," I said while rubbing her belly.

"Yeah, and so handsome too." She stroked my hair. "But now, we're hungry," she said, looking at me innocently.

Sophia's P.O.V.

We put our clothes on and went downstairs. We had breakfast and went to the doctor for a check-up.

"Look at him, Xander." We were looking at the screen.

"My little buddy," Xander said. He was holding my hand tightly.

"Yeah, everything looks normal. Do you have any complaints?" the doctor asked.

"No, but he's been kicking pretty hard for a few days."

"It’s normal because the birth is close."

Xander helped me stand up. We left the hospital and went to our house.