Chapter 7 - Wrong timing

Xander's P.O.V.

"Where have you been the last few days? I missed you, Xander," my mother spoke.

"Umm.... I was working." My mother's timing was really "perfect".

"Were you sleeping?" she asked.

There was a moment of silence before I said, "No, I wasn't."

My mother came inside. I closed the door and went to the living room after her.

"Is anything wrong, son?"

"No, everything is fine, mom." My mother saw Arianna's bag on the couch. "I think I came at the wrong time."

"No, you did not. It is my assistant's bag. We will be going to a meeting."

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander went downstairs. I sat up on the bed. "What are you doing, Sophia? You have known him for a few days, but you're waiting for him, half-naked on his bed."

I was glad that the doorbell hummed. We were moving too fast. I regretted what happened earlier. I stood up and put my dress on quickly. I ran my fingers through my messy hair to smooth it down in the mirror. I wore my shoes and went downstairs.

"Xander," I called his name.

I saw a middle-aged woman sitting on the couch. When I called Xander both of them looked at me. She was surprised to see me. Xander moved his eyes from me to the woman. Xander gathered himself and spoke, "Umm, mom, let me introduce you to Arianna, she is my assistant. Arianna, my mother-Elena."

She could not be his mother. No. I was completely disgraced. What will his mother think of me?  I thought, "She did not want to marry my son. She had accepted to meet him uneasily, but after a few days, she came down from his bedroom and my son was half naked. Moreover, his hair is messy." She smiled at me as I thought what she would think of me now. It was obvious that she understood.

"Arianna? Hello, my daughter. I'm glad to meet you," she said all of a sudden.

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Knight."

"Call me Elena."

"Ok, Elena. Umm, I will be waiting in the car," I said to Xander without looking at his face.

"....Ok."

I took my bag and went to the door. Xander came behind me. He grabbed my arm and stopped me in front of the door. I couldn't look at him. He lifted my face up, putting his finger under my chin and our eyes met.

"Arianna, what happened? Are you okay? Your face is sulky," he asked me in suspense.

I pulled my arm back and said, "We'll talk later." I left the house without waiting for his answer.

Xander's P.O.V.

Arianna's face was sulky. She was surprised to meet my mother, but it was not the reason. After Arianna had left, I returned to the living room.

"She is a beautiful girl."

"Mom, she is just my assistant."

"Xander?"

"There is nothing between us."

"Okay my son, I'm going. See you later."

"Ok, mom. See you later." She opened the door and turned towards me, "Don't forget to adjust your hair. Your hair is messy," she smiled. My mother left and closed the door behind her.

When I looked at myself in the mirror my hair was messy. Of course, nobody would believe that there was nothing between us when she saw me like this. I went to the bedroom and put on my clothes. Then I went out of the house and got in the car. Arianna was not looking at me. I turned my face towards her and asked, "What is wrong with you, Arianna?"