Chapter 5 - One hundred white roses

Xander's P.O.V.

I woke up with a headache in the morning. I felt a weight on my chest. I opened my eyes and found Arianna in my arms. She wrapped her arm around me and was sleeping with her head on my chest. I smiled. I had flashbacks of last night. I did not want anybody to see me like that, especially her. I never wanted anyone to pity me. I saw that expression very much after Lily had left. That was why I kept my feelings from everybody. Sometimes I got used to people looking at me as ruthless and cold-hearted. Sometimes this bothered me but even in this case, I was not angry with them. Because I kept my feelings from others so much that I could not expect others to understand me. I got rid of these thoughts and looked at the angel in my arms. I stroked her hair; I smelled her hair. It smelled like a paradise garden, my paradise garden. I kissed her hair and she opened her eyes.

"Good morning," I greeted her. When she noticed she was in my arms, she pulled back quickly. She sat up on the bed.

"I am sorry. I couldn't leave you when you said to stay last night. Because of that, I slept here. "

I smiled, "I'm sorry to have gotten you into trouble last night. You had to deal with me last night."

She bit her lower lip. But you were not helping me at all, my sweetheart. I held myself hard not to kiss her. She was so beautiful in the morning, too. I got up.

"Are you better? Last night...you were upset," she said as she looked at me with pity in her eyes. I hated when somebody looked at me like that.

"Do not look at me like that." She looked at me, confused. "Do not look at me pitifully. I hate it when people look at me like that. It reminds me of the past."

She looked at me angrily and got up. She put her hands on her waist. She looked so cute. My anger was gone and she said, "I don't pity you, I just…. don’t want to see you sad."

I was surprised to hear this. I did not expect such an answer. It was clear from her eyes that she was honest. I approached her. There were only a few inches between us. I looked into her eyes. " Why? Why do you not want me to be sad? "There was a moment of silence before I said again, "Tell me. Why? "

"Why do I want you to be sad? …. You are a good person."

I smirked, unconvinced. I stepped back a little and said, "Do you know that I haven't heard that I'm a good person in a long time? But you're wrong, little girl."

"No, I'm not wrong, I feel it. You are a good person. But you are trying to hide it from everybody because you don't want your heart broken again."

I did not know what to say. But I had to keep her away from myself. For both of our sakes. "You better stay away from me. Do not use me for any favor. I'm not impressed."

She looked at me angrily and spat out, "How....could you think about me like that? I do not need to impress you nor do I need it."

"I do not know. Maybe you thought you would have some advantages if you were to sweep me off my feet."

"XANDER, GET OUT!" she screamed at me.

"I told you. Call me Mr. Knight."

"Since we are not in the company, I can call you what I want. I will not step in that company after this day. Find yourself a new assistant. You arrogant, control freak."

Sophia's P.O.V.

He got on my nerves. I helped him and in return, he told me that shit. What did he think of himself? Idiot. If I wanted you I would have agreed to marry you. Stupid. Of course, he didn't know all these things. He took his things and left. I threw the pillow behind him.

My hands were trembling. I sat on the bed and tried to calm down.

Xander's P.O.V.

I left her apartment quickly. I drove her mad, but it was the best for both of us. But why did I feel this way? It was like something had been cut off of me.

Sophia's P.O.V.

After I calmed down I called my father and told him that I had left the job. I did not want to see Xander again or hear his name. When he asked me why I just said we had a fight.

Xander's P.O.V.

I regretted what I said to her. I needed to apologize. I called Amelia, "Come to my room."

"Alright, Mr. Knight." She came and I told her, "Call the flower shop. Order one hundred white roses and write this note on it. I wrote the address on the paper, too."

Amelia took the note and left.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I wasn't going out today and I didn't feel well. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I was surprised when I opened the door. A huge bouquet of roses was standing in front of me.

"Miss Arianna Anderson?" Arianna? They must be from Xander. " Umm, yes, I am."

"These are for you," he said as he handed me the roses.

"Thank you." The roses were so beautiful. The smell filled the room. I saw the note and read it.

"I'm really sorry for what I said. I don't think about you in that way. I thought it was right to say it. I talked nonsense. I am so sorry. A hundred times. White roses for every apology. Xander Knight."

I was so happy. The roses, the note, I forgave him, but he didn't need to know that. He offended me badly. I would bring him down a peg or two.

Xander's P.O.V.

I was walking forth and back in the room. Did she get the roses? Why didn't she call me? I finally decided to call her. I was waiting but she didn't pick up the phone. I sighed. The idea came to mind. I grabbed my phone and left the company quickly.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I was watching T.V. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I was surprised when I opened the door. Xander was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

" Xander? What are you doing here? "

" Get ready. You are coming with me. "