Chapter 8 - Play with fire

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander and his father left the room together. Xander was angry about what his father had ordered. Of course, he did not want to see me after what happened between us. My mood was very bad.

My phone rang; it was Ella, "Hello, Ella. I am so glad you called."

"What happened?"

I told her what happened between Xander and me.

"It's not about being together, is it?" she asked.

"...Yeah, I keep my identity from him. I'm afraid of what will happen when he finds out. I'm afraid that if I fall in love with him more, I will not be able to be happy without him. There is so much uncertainty.... I do not know what to do. I'm so confused. My mind is saying something, but my heart is saying another thing."

"Since I've known you, you always act with logic. But you cannot always do that. You should think about what your heart wants. I will ask you a question. Do you really want to be with him?"

"...Yeah."

"Then go to him. Tell him you like him, that you want to be with him. Or let this say your acts."

She was right. Despite all the uncertainties and my logic, I should go with the flow. I wouldn't be able to control my feelings for him anymore. I left the room quickly and went to his office. I entered the office and closed the door behind me.

He was surprised to see me. I approached him quickly and started kissing his lips. After a few seconds, he responded to my kiss. He stood up from his seat and put his hands on my waist and pulled me to himself. He pulled his lips back a few minutes later. "What does that mean? Are you really kidding me?" he asked.

"No, I'm just listening to my heart. Despite all the doubts, I want to be with you. Nothing else is important to me."

He stood in the same position for a few seconds, thinking about what I said. Then suddenly, he hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear, "What are you doing to me? I can not get you out of my mind."

I was surprised. I pulled back a little, but I was still in his arms. I was so happy. "Me, too. I can not stop thinking about you," I admitted. He smiled and started to kiss my lips. I pulled back a few minutes later, "I need to go."

"Don't go. Stay in my arms."

"We need to work."

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "Ok."

When I wanted to go, he kissed my lips quickly again one last time. He was grinning at me.

I woke up in the morning and had a shower. Xander would come pick me up at noon. I took a few things and placed my suitcase on the floor when my phone buzzed. "I'm in front of the apartment," he said through the other side.

"Okay, I'm ready. I am coming down."

I took my bag and my suitcase and I went down. He got out of his car when he saw me. His car was another one that I hadn't seen before. It was obvious that cars were his area of interest. After women, of course. I rolled my eyes at the last thought.

 I rolled my eyes at the last thought