Chapter 27 - The admission

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Xander was watching me while rubbing my stomach.

"Good morning," he said and kissed my lips. Then he kissed my stomach.

"Good morning."

"Come on, get up, sleepy head. Our baby and I waited for you. We’re hungry," he said pointing to my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach.

"You are hungry, my little one." So, we got up and had breakfast.

"What's wrong?" he asked after breakfast.

"Well…I remember yesterday. Your mother learned we lied to them about my pregnancy."

"Shhh, don’t worry, my angel! I will take care of everything. Don’t stress yourself. Think about our baby. Your husband will handle everything; trust your husband." I smiled at him. He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed my stomach. Then, he continued, "Little buddy, your father will handle everything."

Later, Xander went to the holding.

Xander's P.O.V.

My mother called me when I was going to the holding. She said she wanted to talk to me. I went to the mansion before going to the holding. My father wasn't home. We talked about the baby, as I guessed.

"Why did you lie to us?" she asked.

"Sophia didn’t know how her parents would react to the news. I decided not to say anything because I didn’t want her to stress herself. Stress is not good for the baby, mother," I responded.

"I get it, son, but we have the right to know. It's too late now; I told your father and he talked to Martin."

"I guessed; I will talk to them."

"When did you find out about the baby?" she asked.

"Well…when I was in Italy. I told Lucas to follow her. When I came back, I found her. She has gone to the house her parents have away from the city. She told her family that she had gone abroad. But I knew where she was because Lucas had followed her. One day when I was in Italy, she called me. My phone was turned off. She talked to Amelia afterward. Amelia told her that I was in Italy. Sophia didn’t call me after that. She wouldn’t…tell me about the baby. When we talked, she said she gave up because she didn’t want me to think that she was using our baby to get back with me. We talked about it and handled it."

"…Ok. I will ask you something. I really like Sophia like my daughter. I am very happy that you are married to her. But I still want to ask you. I expect you to give me an honest answer," she said.

"Okay, ask mom."

"Is the reason you married her the baby? Or did you already want that? Don’t get me wrong, but the situation between Sophia and you weren’t good after your fight."

"I really married her for love. I already wanted to marry her. I was just so angry that she lied to me. I admit it, but I really love her. I was not going to give her up after I found out she lied to me. My reason for going to Italy was to get away from her, to calm down and to think about what to do…I also wanted to make her pay for lying to me. I know it was wrong, but when I found out about our baby I gave up. Neither the pride nor lies were important anymore. Nothing was, but the woman I love that is carrying my child. My anger disappeared the moment I saw her again. I just wanted to hug her…and the baby…it’s not like it was something that I didn’t plan…I got her pregnant on purpose."

My mother looked at me, surprised.

"I wanted to tie her up to me all the way. I wanted a part of me to grow up inside of her. I already knew that she could have been pregnant. Because of that, I told Lucas to follow her."

"My son, I don’t know what to say." My mother was speechless.

"Mom, I really love her. She is my breath; I breathe with her and our baby. I love her so much."

"My dear son, I’m very happy. All that had worried me. I am really relieved," she said and I hugged her. Then I went to the holding.

Sophia's P.O.V.

In the evening, my parents visited us. They were worried about my health and my baby’s. My parents found out that I was three months pregnant. But they didn’t ask anything about it. Definitely, Xander had talked to them. I went to the bedroom after they left.

I put my nightie on and laid on the bed. Xander came to the bedroom too. He put his sweatpants and laid next to me. He wrapped his arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder. He began to rub my stomach.

"Did you talk to them? They didn't say anything about the baby."

"I told you to trust your husband."

"I love you."

"I love you too, my angel." He trailed his lips on my neck. "What about the night exercise?" he asked and winked at me. I smiled and kissed his lips.