Chapter 31 - A little miracle

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander scooped me up in his arms. He told the housekeeper to bring the hospital bag and inform our parents that I was going into labor. He helped me get into the car. The pain was getting worse.

"Xander, it hurts so much."

"Inhale and exhale deeply, my angel. I'm with you. We will arrive at the hospital as soon as possible." I was breathing deeply.

We finally arrived at the hospital. Xander put me on a stretcher. He held my hand. I was squeezing his hand. The nurse took me to the delivery room. Xander came with me. He was holding my hand the entire time. It was somewhat comforting even though the pain was a lot.

"Ahhh!"

The doctor was telling me what to do. Xander was stroking my hair while I was pushing. I squeezed his hand.

"Xander!"

"My angel, you're doing great. Just a little more and we'll hold our boy in our arms."

The doctor told me to push again. And finally, we heard crying; our son was born. Xander's eyes filled with tears. He kissed my forehead. The doctor gave me my son; he was so tiny.

"My dear son, welcome to our life." I kissed his forehead. Xander stroked our son's hand. He held Xander's finger with his little hand.

"My son, my precious one." Then I gave our son to Xander.

Xander's P.O.V.

My son was in my arms; our little miracle had finally arrived. He was very tiny and I was scared to hurt him.

"My little buddy." I kissed his cheek. Sophia was watching us with tears of joy. I gave our son to the nurse. I kissed Sophia's lips, holding her hand. "Thank you, my angel for everything, for your love, for our son. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Then they took her to a room. We were waiting for our baby in the room when the door finally opened. The nurse walked into the room, holding our son in her arms. The nurse gave our baby to Sophia. Our son opened his eyes. He was staring at us. I stroked his hand. He held my finger. I smiled.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I was holding my baby in my arms. He looked like Xander. Actually, he was an exact copy of his father. When the light hit his eyes, his eyebrows came together in a frown and he closed his eyes. All I could do was smile at the action. His eyes, his hair, even how he frowned all looked like Xander's features. We were watching our son. Chase was holding Xander's finger. Then the nurse came and told me I needed to breastfeed my baby. Xander left the room.

Xander's P.O.V.

Sophia was breastfeeding our son. The nurse told me to wait outside. When I walked out, I saw my parents, walking towards me. I hugged my father.

"Dad, I became a father." I was crying from happiness.

"Dear son," he said as he tapped my shoulder. Then I hugged my mother. A little later, Sophia's parents came. James and Ella also came. Then we all went in.

Everybody held our son one by one. They said that he looked like me. Our families left in the evening.

Sophia, our son, and I were alone in the room. Our son was sleeping in his crib while we watched him. He was so cute. My little prince.

Sophia was sleeping when Chase woke up. "My son, you woke up." I picked up my son carefully. I was not tired of watching him. I kissed his forehead.

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Xander was talking to Chase. He was talking to him about us. I started watching them. It was the most beautiful view that I had ever seen in my life.

 It was the most beautiful view that I had ever seen in my life

When he noticed that I was watching them, he smiled at me.

We were going home today. We went out of the hospital. Luke was waiting for us. I got in the car. Xander placed the baby's car seat next to me. He got in the car, too.

"My son is going to his home," Xander said to Chase. He stroked Chase's hand. We arrived home and Xander got out of the car and picked up the baby car seat.

 We arrived home and Xander got out of the car and picked up the baby car seat

After, I got out of the car. He held my hand. We walked into the house. When we entered the house, every single place was decorated with blue balloons.

"Welcome home, my son," Xander said to Chase.

"Xander, this is beautiful."

"My surprise is not over yet. Come with me."

He held my hand. We went upstairs. He opened the door. The nursery room was ready for Chase. There were blue balloons in his room too.

"My son, do you like your room?"

I kissed Xander's lips and told him, "I love you. I am so glad to have you in my life."

"I love you too, my angel."

We put Chase in his crib. A few seconds later, he closed his eyes. Xander hugged me and I placed my head on his shoulder. We were watching our son sleep.