Chapter 28 - The heartbeat

Sophia's P.O.V.

I got up and put on my clothes. Today was Xander's birthday. We were celebrating his birthday today together. We were going to celebrate with our parents tomorrow. Xander was sleeping and I left the room quickly and went downstairs.

I baked his birthday cake yesterday. I wanted to make something special for him. I placed the candles on the cake as I rubbed my stomach.

"Are you ready to celebrate your father's birthday?" I whispered to my baby. Then I took the cake and went to the bedroom.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Xander. Happy birthday to you," I sang and woke him up. He smiled when he saw me. He sat up on the bed. I sat down beside him on the bed. "Make a wish and blow the candles."

"My wish is for both of you to always be with me." I smiled and he blew the candles. "Thank you, my angel."

We ate our cakes. We put the plates on the tray on the bedside table after eating. He took a bit of cream with his finger and put the cream in the corner of my lips.

"Xander!" I screamed.

He pulled me closer to him. He licked the cream off my lips and then said, "Thank you for the cake. I especially loved the cream." He winked at me amusingly.

"We baked it," I said while rubbing my stomach.

He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed my stomach. "Thank you too, little buddy." He bent down and kissed my stomach. "This birthday is the best birthday ever. My first birthday that I'm celebrating with you. I love you and our baby."

"We love you too." He hugged me. I opened the drawer and took out the gift box and gave it to him and said, "Our gift to you."

Xander's P.O.V.

I woke up so happy this morning. Sophia baked a birthday cake for me. This birthday was very special to me. It was my first birthday that I celebrated with Sophia and our baby. She gave me the gift. I took it and hugged her. I placed my head on her stomach.

"My gift is you and our baby," I said while she stroked my hair.

"Open it."

I opened the box. There were cufflinks in the box. The first letter of my name had written on the cufflinks. It was so beautiful and elegant.

"Thank you very much. They are so beautiful." I hugged her. I put the box on the bedside table and pulled her closer to me. "Will we continue to celebrate my birthday?" I asked with a wink.

I kissed her lips passionately and pulled her closer to me. She was sitting on my lap now. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I placed her on the bed carefully. I trailed my lips from her mouth to her neck.

"Xander," she murmured. I slid my hand under her dress, stroking her thigh. I took off her dress and threw it on the floor. I kissed her lips and then we made love.

We laid down on the bed. She placed her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her. I looked at the watch. It was late. I kissed her forehead.

"It’s late, my angel. I need to go to the holding."

"Ok, darling. But come home early."

"Ok." She kissed my lips. I got up and put on my clothes. I went to the holding.

When I came home in the evening, I saw Sophia in the living room. She looked so beautiful and breathtaking. The living room was decorated with candles.