prologue

NEW ORLEANS was bustling with people in the streets and music playing everywhere. Everyone seemed happy in this small, quaint town; everyone except for the new girl who just arrived.

Word had gotten out that the Mikaelson's ran this place now, but only three of them. Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah ceased this town from Marcel who was very close to them back in the 1800's. Ariel knew Kol wasn't with them, he lied to her saying he would be back. Now, she was alone again.

One night out of depression and anger, she cut her own hair. It reached just below her chin, making her appear to be more mature than before. Ariel wanted to get her own apartment somewhere on Bourbon Street; she sure as hell didn't want to spend her time in the Mikaelson mansion.

She headed up to an apartment complex and easily got her own, low price apartment with her angel charm. The angels had surprisingly not called her back up to heaven yet; she was confused since her only purpose on this earth was to protect Kol – he was dead now. Maybe there was someone else out there for her to protect; it wouldn't be anything romantic like before, but her and whoever would have a close bond.

"I seem to have a new visitor in New Orleans." Klaus Mikaelson stood at the doorway of her apartment. Since the deed was in Ariel's name, he stepped in with ease and strolled his way to the counter.

"Yes I have King of New Orleans," Ariel leaned against the other side of the counter and smirked at Klaus.

Klaus chuckled and nodded his head. "You got that right. I'm also – um, I'm also a father to a lovely daughter named Hope."

Ariel's eyes widened and she instantly wanted to meet the baby. "Where is she?"

"Rebekah has her," he said, remembering how hard it was to say goodbye to his little girl. "She's safe where she is right now. It's too dangerous here."

Her heart dropped a little as she was now not going to be seeing Rebekah either. "Has there been anything from–"

"No. There's been nothing," Klaus already knew who she was talking about. It was still a touchy subject and he couldn't even think about that night ever again.

Ariel nodded and let a simple tear roll down her cheek, "I guess it's time for me to move on and be happy again."

"There we go! That's the Ariel I know," Klaus came over and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm glad to have you here, we could use a positive presence in this small town."

Ariel nodded into his shoulder and let go of him. Klaus headed to the door, but looked back one more time. "Welcome to New Orleans, old friend."

Ariel waved him bye and just as he shut the door, her eyes turned their bright blue. Pain started to shoot in her head and she fell to the floor. A bright light appeared in the middle of her kitchen as a figure came right through it.

"Wh–Who are you?" She asked confusingly as a boy around her age appeared.

"I'm Asher Summers," He stated with a smile. "I'm your twin brother."

+++

so ariel has a long-lost twin brother, a little twist there. i wanted to bring in another og character and i thought of this idea lol.

ASHER WILL BE PLAYED BY DYLAN SPRAYBERRY (literally the only guy i could come up with that kind of looks like shelley, but if there's any other actors that you want, let me know!)

also, i know kolvina is such an iconic ship and they're in my top 5 otps, but sadly they won't happen obviously, davina and ariel will be hella good friends though

make sure to vote & comment