14. you'll be okay

the originals ( season 2, episode 14: i love you, goodbye )

GOAL - 10 comments for next update

+++

ASHER AND ARIEL sat in Rousseau's with a bourbon in their hands. Her stress levels were through the roof as she hasn't slept at all for the past couple of days. Kol was adamant on Ariel being left out of the attempts to get the curse lifted; only Rebekah was allowed to be with him.

"I'm sure he's doing okay," Asher reassures her after noticing the distress she's in.

Ariel shakes her head. "I've seen dark magic before and this, this is irreversible. I want to say that there's a way around this, but there isn't."

"Davina should be coming back–" The door opened, a breeze causing the siblings to look that way. Davina walked in just on cue. "–right now."

Davina's face is solemn as she takes a seat at their table. She knows they won't take this news fine. "I've looked into everything there is to this curse Finn put on Kol, but it can't be undone. Ariel...I'm so sorry, you know I would do anything."

"Of course," Ariel mumbled and drunk the rest of her drink. She slid out of her seat and went to the door. "Don't come and find me."

She ran to the woods where she could be alone. It was evening, the wedding of Hayley and Jackson was commencing. The angel was invited, but how could she see two people get married when her and Kol talked about it all the time?

Tears streamed down her face, lips trembling when she clicked on a contact that was so dear to her. She placed the phone to her ear and waited as it rang.

"Hello?"

"Matt," she started crying even more with just the sound of his voice. "I – I can't do this anymore."

Matt stopped walking in the Town Square park and sat down on a bench. He clenched the phone in his hands. "Ariel what happened?"

"Kol's dying," her hand covered her mouth for a second to control herself. Sobs racked over her body and she couldn't handle this situation anymore. "Finn put a curse on him and we can't fix it. He only has numbered days – hell even hours left."

"God I'm so sorry." Matt wished he could be there for her right now. The distance separating them was killing him. "Where are you right now?"

"The woods."

Matt decided he had to be real with her so she wouldn't make the wrong decision. "Listen Ariel, go find him right now. Spend whatever seconds you have with the man you love. If you don't, you'll regret it. Get some closure and kick Finn's ass please."

Ariel let a smile slip across her face as she nodded her head. "I will. Thank you Matt, I miss you and love you so much."

"I love you too. We'll see each other soon."