11. the power of love

( the originals s2, e11: brother of the damned )

*5+ comments for next update. thank you!*

+++

CARRILON EVE was definitely Ariel's least favorite event in New Orleans. Her powers were gone for the day, she was just a regular mortal. The townspeople blinded the angel statues so the dead could walk among them, not having judgement from the angels above.

Her feet walked down the stairs to where Marcel and Kol were arguing. "Marcel I don't have my powers today, but just know that I will hurt you if you touch him."

Kol smirked and took his girlfriend by the hand. "Isn't she lovely?"

They left the vast room and walked down the hallways slowly. Ariel had to be extra careful of running into a vampire since she couldn't defend herself properly.

"I think we should get married."

Ariel stopped walking and looked up at him. Even in a new body Kol still had an advantage of a couple inches on her. "What did you just say?"

"Not now," he said thinking she didn't like the idea. "But...soon. Whenever I wonder what I'm going to be like in the next twenty years, you're by my side."

Ariel smiled and went to go kiss him, but Josh and Gina interrupted the two. The hungry look on the girl vampire's face made Ariel and Kol look like blood bags to her.

"Even without my powers I will still hurt you if you come near me," Ariel threatened Gina when she took a step closer.

Gina cocked her head and started walking forward, "Let's give it a try angel."

Ariel grabbed her by the throat and pushed her against the wall. Kol crossed her arms and stood proudly, watching his girlfriend take on a vampire whilst being mortal.

Marcel barged through the door and took Ariel off of Gina. "Anyone care to explain what's going on?"

"You're little vampire just tried to suck us dry," Kol argued in defense for both him and Ariel. "So I–"

Ariel watched in horror as Kol's head snapped to the side all of a sudden and his knees gave out. He fell to the floor instantly and was out cold. She kneeled down beside him and cursed the day as she couldn't save him.

Josh looked down shock. "What just happened?"

+++

When it came to her childhood, Ariel rarely remembered it. It's not that she just forgot, it was because she didn't want to. Growing up, she had no one to lean on; no parents or brother. She had to learn the basics of living on her own and become the best guardian angel there ever was.

Kol then came into her life and she finally had a purpose for living. He cared for her, loved her, and most importantly would do anything for her. So, as Ariel was waiting in the room across the hall while he was in a deep slumber, she couldn't help but wonder what the hell was going on.

The double doors opened and Kol came in, alive but distraught. She rubbed her temple and looked up at him. A smile came across her face, but faltered easily when they made eye contact.

"What happened?" Ariel settled him next to her on the couch and pressed her palm to his cheek. He shook his head, not wanting to utter a single word. Ariel nudged him, "You can tell me anything."

"Finn is trying to turn Klaus and Elijah against you."

She rolled her eyes at her least favorite Mikaelson's name being mentioned. "I could kill him so easily babe, he should be afraid."

"No you weren't there," Kol doesn't smirk at her comment and this worries Ariel; he always does that. "He's manipulating them and making them believe stuff that isn't true. Whenever I tried to defend you, Finn would have a comeback that made me seem like a liar. He told them that you're conspiring to kill Klaus with Asher and Davina."

Ariel stiffened a little and knew that her bad blood with Klaus and Elijah was already getting worse. She used to be close with Klaus, but now, they were practically enemies.

Kol stopped the conversation and took her hand, bringing her to the balcony where starving vampires awaited to be released. Marcel reached to where the barrier was, but nothing happened. He motioned for his little crew to follow him, going out into the sea of innocent New Orleans citizens.

"They're going to feed on the people," Ariel tugged Kol's arm to come downstairs. "We need to stop them."

Kol shook his head and stared off into the distance. "Marcel assured me that nothing would happen. Come on, let's get out of this bloody hell hole."

A smile came across Ariel's face and for the first time that day...she was happy. They walked hand in hand into the bustling streets of New Orleans. For a moment, Ariel felt human, like they were just on a regular date into the town. Ariel scanned the crowd and sigh escaped her lips, seeing Asher and Davina just a street over.

Asher made eye contact with his sister and waved. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion when she started running over to him. Ariel enveloped her brother in a hug, afraid some vampire got to him.

"What's all this about?" Asher laughs and pulls away, looking up at his sister due to their height difference.

Ariel's face brightened up and she said something she rarely tells anyone. "I just love you, okay? I was afraid something happened to you while I was trapped in the mansion."

Knowing his sister, Asher knew she was very uptight and kept her feelings with anyone (expiation of Kol) very locked up. He swore he almost felt a tear slip out of his ocean eyes, but kept it in. "I love you too, sis."

+++

aww i love ariel & asher they're the cutest brother/sister pair ever. and what's this about finn turning klaus and elijah up against ariel; do you think they'll listen to him🤔

make sure to vote and comment!