21. you ruined my life

GOAL: 10+ COMMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE

+++

SHE WOKE up with bags under her eyes and goosebumps still prominent on her skin. Last night was filled her horrors of what Hell was like. She swore she could almost smell the burning flesh of sinful souls. As she poured milk into her cereal bowl, Asher came out of his room, his hair a jumbled mess.

His senses kicked in and he looked up at his sister. "You good?" He noticed how she wasn't herself as she genuinely had a smile on her face each morning.

"Yeah, just kept waking up," she gave her brother a forced smile so he wouldn't worry anymore. She hated lying to him, but she couldn't have him worry about her again.

Asher nodded, but went over to her and gave her a side hug. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Yeah," she nodded her head. "Me too."

+++

Walking into the Mikaelson complex, she knew something was off the moment she stepped foot into the building. Her instincts kicked in and she threw her hand out behind her. A man went flying into the wall, coughing for air when he regained his composure.

Her eyes widened at the creature standing before her: Finn Mikaelson. She hasn't seen him in his true form since Mystic Falls. Her fists curled up and was ready for another attack. However, Elijah came down and restrained her from doing anymore damage.

"Enough," he told her and let her go once he thought she would calm herself.

Flashes of all the bad things he's done to her comes rushing back. Remembering how he killed Kol pushes her over the edge and she rushes forward again. Making Elijah freeze in her place with her powers, she tackles Finn to the ground and throws punches at him. Her right fist connects with his jaw, then her left. Finn swore he saw fire in her eyes when she released her rage on him. Tears started streaming down her face as his face became bloodier.

"You ruined my life!" she yelled at him. Her fists were becoming stained with more red each second. "You tried to kill me! You betrayed this family! You killed Kol!"

She finally stood up and opened her palm so it was facing him. "Now, I'm going to kill you."

As a beam of power slowly left her hand, she was transported into another room. It still being in the Mikaelson complex, but she wasn't in front of Finn. She turned around and saw Kol sitting on the couch, the same rage located on his face.

He looked up and saw her fists first, then the tears streaming down her face. All other thoughts were left aside as he went up to her. "Darling, what happened?"

"Finn," she spit out that name, it being like poison in her mouth. "I – I couldn't control myself so I just attacked him. His face is pretty beat up, but before I could do any real damage I was transported here."

"Freya," he whispers, knowing she would protect Finn. "I know what you're feeling, that's why they locked me in this room to cool off."

Kol starts stroking his hand in her hair, something she loved so much. In the weirdest way, it calmed her down. She closed her eyes again her chest as she focused on his touch.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Thanks," she tells him. Ariel reaches up with her hand, cupping his cheek and bringing him in for a kiss.

He lets their lips linger for a second, then pushes them back together. Both of them needed a distraction right now and this was working. All thoughts of killing Finn went away for their minds for just a little; they were the only two who mattered right now.

Ariel pushes him down on the couch, straddling his lap. Kol starts to kiss down her jawline and then her neck. Pressing his lips down, he feels his fangs come out. He looks up in the mirror and sees that veins have formed under his eyes. He immediately pushes away, covering his face so Ariel won't see.

She climbs off of him and makes him look at her. "Hey what's..." she trails off once she sees the hungry face of a vampire looking at her. "What's happening?"

"I don't know," he scrunches his face up and the hunger goes away. He rubs his face, knowing something definitely isn't right. "Ever since I came back, I've been having blood cravings. Why you triggered it, I have no clue, because angel blood doesn't attract vampires."

She's about to say something, but Kol starts again, "Hurting the ones we love, whether we mean to or not, that's just what we do. Isn't it?"

Ariel knew he was referring to his family and their dark, blood stained past. She kissed his cheek, resting her hand on his. She didn't need to say anything, Ariel just wanted him to know that she was here; he would never scare her away.

+++

Ariel sat at her favorite frozen yogurt place, taking a bite of her mint chocolate chip dessert. This was her prize for making it all day with Finn and Elijah's annoying ass telling her not to do anything about it. Kol needed a break too, so she let him hangout with Asher back at the apartment. Two chocolate chip cookies were in her bag, ready for the boys.

Bringing the spoon up to her lips, it dropped when a pair of hands wrapped around her neck. She thrashed back and forth, but the person wasn't budging. She got ready to use her powers until a needle was shot into her arm. It made her feel droopy instantly and she fell into the arms of her culprit. Ariel's eyes felt heavy, but they caught the person under the hood before she passed out.

"Kai?"

+++

hmm, a plot twist i see. everything will be explained next chapter hehe

make sure to vote and comment!

-brooke