07. stuck in the middle

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*

the originals ( s2, e7: chasing the devil's tail )
_____________

ARIEL'S EYES diverted away from Kol as he came back into the room with his shirt unbuttoned. Kol chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, "What?"

"It's weird," she admitted. "I don't know...it feels like I'm cheating on you in a way? Like I basically just had sex with another guy."

Kol tried to contain a normal face, but started to burst out in laughter. He did know that what she said was true, and now he was kind of finding it awkward. His face was erased with his smirk, turning into a twisted shock of pain.

Kol slowly fell to his knees and Ariel ran over to him. "What's happening?"

"That's mother dearest calling me home," Kol managed to say. "You're not seeing her, however."

The angel was about to argue, but he raised his hand and shook his head. Instead, he pointed outside to the car and the two drove back to New Orleans.

+++

"Why did you make us come here?" Asher asked as him and Davina walked up to the tomb. He looked up and saw his sister and Kol standing there, waiting for them.

Kol held the dagger in his hand and pointed it at Davina, "I need your blood."

The young witch's face lit up in disgust at his demand. She still couldn't trust him after finding out the truth that he was a Mikaelson. Kol noticed this and sighed, knowing he'd have to tell her the backstory.

"About a hundred years ago, this tomb used to be my playhouse. The witches I used to run with, they used to make all kinds of magic in here. Then I pissed the pretty one off...she locked me out."

Davina shook her head; obviously she was still confused. "Then why do you need my blood?"

"Her name was Mary Alice Claire," Once he said the last name everyone let out an 'oh' sound. "You need a Claire witch to open the tomb."

Davina sighed reluctantly and took the knife from Kol. She opened the tomb and they walked in. Ariel looked around as the lights came on, noticing how dusty this place was. It smelt pretty awful in there, but besides that really, it was a cool place. Glasses that could've been filled with magic potions laid everywhere; basically a huge science lab for witches.

The angel travelled over to a shelf and picked up a box. Kol's eyes widened and took the box from her. "This is what I wanted to show you guys."

"What is it?" Asher came over to the table, Davina trailing behind.

"It's not about what it is," Kol opened the box to reveal a regular dagger laying there. "It's what it could be."

The three of them looked at the original, wondering what the hell he was planning. Kol continued, "You wanna take down Klaus, right?" Davina and Asher nodded, Ariel didn't. "There's one thing I've wanted to do, and that was drive this through his heart like he's done to me so many times."

"Those don't work on Klaus," Ariel points out. She really didn't want to be in this situation: caught in between the feuding of the Mikaelson family.