20. never leave me again

GOAL - 10+ comments for next chapter

+++

HER APARTMENT was quiet, only the sounds of giggling and whispering could be heard. Kol's arm was wrapped around Ariel as she leaned against his chest. He loved how she wore his shirt with only underwear just beneath it.

"Have I told you I love you?" Kol played with her fingers and noticed the ring was missing. "Shoot I almost forgot!"

He reached over with his free hand and got the diamond ring out of his pants pocket. He placed it on her finger and Ariel's face lit up. She had completely forgotten about not having it in Hell.

"How did you–"

"Davina gave it to me," he answered for her. "Now I can call you my fiancée."

Ariel blushed, loving how her life was going so far. She wanted a wedding soon; even if there was an impending danger she was still having a damn ceremony.

"You are amazing," Ariel flipped over on her stomach. "I think I'm going to kiss you all day."

Kol tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. He situated himself to where his lips were just mere inches from hers. "I'm so not against that."

+++

Everything had changed since the angel was last in New Orleans. The enemies who suffered from the Mikaelsons had come back to seek revenge. That's what Davina had told them so far, but with the look in her face, there was more.

"A sacrifice had to be made by bring you back," she looks at Kol and he holds onto his fiancée knee. "Klaus' sire line was broken, so everyone has a perfect chance in killing him. I mainly did it so Marcel wouldn't get hurt, but now your brother is in danger, but also your whole family."

"What does that mean for us?" Kol asks, giving a quick glance to Ariel. "We just came back from the worse places possible, we need time to regain our full strength."

Davina nods her head, understanding his concern. "Marcel and I will protect you guys and no one will cause you to be in danger."

"Thank you, Davina," Ariel smiles and then realizes who she still hasn't seen. "Where's Asher?"

"I texted him so–"

The door to the attic swings open, a blue eyed boy giving off the biggest smile on his face. Ariel stands up, Asher running straight toward his sister. Tears are already falling from both of their faces as they embrace each other. Kol and Davina smile, feeling the reconnection of siblings radiate in the room.

"Never leave me again," he whispers into her shoulder. "I can't live without you."

+++