25. see you around

*10+ comments for next update*

+++

ARIEL'S SCREAMS filled the air as Kai continued the spell on her. All she could feel was pain, nothing else. The loss of Davina haunted her mind as well so nothing helped her calm down. Tears streamed down her face, her body convulsed uncontrollably, blood trickled down her nose.

"Come on," Asher pleaded and squeezed her hand. "I can't lose you too."

Her breathing started to lessen, everyone's hearts startled as the possibility of death was becoming more and more prominent.

Kol hit Kai's arm. "Hurry up! She's dying!"

Kai ignored vampy's comment and took one last breath before finishing the spell. He fell backwards a little, no energy left in him. Ariel's eyes were almost closed as she felt the wound heal up and go away. Her head lifted up, looking around at Asher and Kol staring right at her. Behind them, Davina still laid motionless.

"Oh god, it's happening," Kai stood back up and felt himself slipping away.

"Kai..." Ariel ignored the dizziness as she stood up and went toward him. "What's going on?"

"Only Cade knows how to heal your wound since he made the angel blade. I, um, I made a deal with him so you could live."

Ariel shook her head, already seeing his feet start to disappear. "You're not going back there. I won't let that happen!"

"I'd do anything for you Ariel," He took her hand as his last seconds on earth were slowly slipping away. "See you around."

Ariel watched as her best friend went back to Hell because of her. Her knees wobbled, but Kol caught her before she could fall to the ground. Her body shook, making a scream come out of her mouth. She was angry, saddened, tired of everything bad happening in her life. When would she ever get a break?

+++

Ariel had taken Kol back to her apartment, wanting to let Asher handle Marcel. She watched as her love sat on the couch, staring at the wall. She cleaned his clothes and skin, not wanting their best friend's blood to be seen anymore. It dull and melancholy between the two. What were they supposed to say to each other?

The door broke open suddenly, an angry looking Marcel Gerard stomping in. He pointed his finger at Kol. "What are you doing here?"

Kol didn't speak as he had tears in his eyes. He looked at Ariel, trying to find the courage to speak. "T-The ancestors had a hold of me. I was out of my head. I would have never hurt her! I tried everything, but nothing worked."

Marcel stared at him for a couple seconds before running forward and throwing him across the room. Ariel pushed Marcel back and used a barrier spell so he wouldn't get to them.