23. a threat to everyone

GOAL: 10+ comments for next update

+++

ASHER HAD snuck out of the Mikaelson mansion without anyone knowing so he could see his girlfriend. They had been separated for a couple days because of the news about Lucien Castle and his abilities.

"Finally," Davina smiled and ran up to Asher as he entered St.James Infirmary. A spell was cast on the building which so no magic could be done, making it a safe meeting place.

"I've missed you so much," Asher says as he kisses her many times. "They got me on lockdown over there, especially Ariel who's so protective over me."

Davina caressed his cheek. "All that matters is you're here now. I will protect you from Lucien, okay?"

Even though he knew they could both protect themselves, he almost melted at her statement. "Because I love you Davina, I want us out of this town after this. We can go anywhere you want."

"Hmm," Davina pondered the thought for a moment. "I think Fiji is calling our names."

Asher nodded and wrapped his arms around her. "Then Fiji it is."

(highkey hate this blame teen wolf's lighting)

+++"He's being manipulated by the ancestors," Davina explained in a hushed tone over the phone

+++
"He's being manipulated by the ancestors," Davina explained in a hushed tone over the phone. "Vincent is explaining everything to us right now. It doesn't seem too good, but we will find a way out of this."

Ariel nervously nodded to herself. The fact that Kol was in danger and Klaus taken was taking a toll on her. "Thank you, D. Keep me updated because I'm under house arrest thanks to Lucien."

"Kol actually wanted you here. Sneak out, it'll be worth it," Davina tries to convince her.

Sighing, the angel caves in. "Alright. I'll be there in ten."

Looking in her closet, Ariel picks out an outfit she has never worn. Davina had took her shopping a while back to buy some outfits that weren't really her style. However, when she tried it on and looked in the mirror, her eyes widened.

"Damn this makes my butt look good."

Feeling confident that this will distract Kol, she heads out to the bar. Live music filled the street, an annual festival like this held each year. She loved how different genres could be heard on each block she walked across. A rock band was playing in the bar when she walked in, people dancing all around.

Davina smiled as she walked up to them. "You look hot!"

"Thanks," Ariel looked down at herself and felt proud. "Decided to have some fun."

"But the fun just got here." Kai Parker walked into the bar, making a couple girls turn around and wink at him. "I know I know. Kol is so happy to have me here."

Kol rolled his eyes and stood up to give his fiancée a kiss. He grabbed her waist and brought her close. "You look incredibly sexy."

Ariel tried not to swoon over his low, seductive voice, but he would always have an affect on her. "I would take you right here, but we're in a public place."

Kol chuckled and kissed her cheek. He grabbed her hand, leading her to the dance floor. Ariel saw Asher and Davina sit through the pain of Kai explaining his life experience to them. She laughed, focusing her attention back on Kol and the music.

Turning around, she pressed her back up against Kol and swayed her hips to the music. This was probably the most fun they've had in a while, every problem leaving their minds for the time-being.

Kol leaned his head down and planted a kiss on her neck, but retracted when all he could hear was her pulse. He let go of Ariel, looking around at all the other humans. Heartbeats ran through his ears and he couldn't control it any longer. Davina and Asher ran up to Kol, knowing he would burst any second.

"Baby, hey," Ariel tried to comfort him, but it was no use. She turned to Davina, "I thought you said no magic could be done in here."

Davina quickly used a spell on a cup across the room, realizing what was happening after it moved. "The ancestors are breaking through the barrier."

Before Kol can do any damage, Marcel comes out of nowhere and breaks his neck. He slumps to the chair, no one around them realizing what had just happened.

"Vincent needs you," Marcel tells Davina. "We'll be fine. Go."

Davina glances around at everyone. Giving Asher a quick kiss, she heads out of the bar. Ariel looks at Kol, knowing any other time she would be mad at someone for doing this to him, but she understood it. Innocent lives could've been taken if action wasn't ensued. She rested back in her chair, the nerve of what was happening to him becoming more imminent.

"Go," Marcel tells the Summer twins. "He's a threat to you both."

+++

Ariel sat in Kol's bedroom, waiting for his return. She was distraught without him; her every thought was how Marcel was handling him. A knock on the door made her head perk up.

"Any canoodling going on? Because if not I'm coming in."

She rolled her eyes at Kai, waving her hand to open the door for him. He was about to make another joke, but stopped when he saw a couple tears slip down her face.

"Oh god," he ran to her side and wiped them away. "What did douche bag do to you?"

Even his jokes couldn't bring a smile to her face. "No. The ancestors are controlling him and I can't do anything about it. He's a danger to everyone...even me."

"Please," Kai scoffed. "Vampy would never hurt you. He's so in love you with you that I'm actually jealous of it."

Ariel rested her head on his shoulder, thanking him silently he was here for her. She finally started to get calm, but images flashed in her head of the New Orleans city line, a bar, and Kol sucking the blood out of someone all too familiar.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked as he helped her up from the floor; she didn't even know she had made it down there.

"He's going to kill someone."

"Who?"

Ariel shakily looked up at Kai. "Davina."

+++

and things will only go down hill from here ;)

make sure to vote & comment!

-brooke