04. show off

make sure to vote & comment!
the originals ( s2, e4: live and let die )
+++

ARIEL WAS worried throughout the night about her brother being in the same space as Mikael. Davina had asked if he could come and be extra help, making sure the original vampire hunter wouldn't go berserk. Esther was also on her mind; the thought of being human again and having an actual family intrigued her. However, that dream was only with Kol, and he was dead now.

The apartment was getting lonely and she grabbed her keys and headed towards the car. No texts were getting returned from Asher and she needed to make sure Mikael didn't hurt him. Just as she was getting the car, Kaleb came up to her and leaned through the open window.

"Mind if I join?" he asked, adding his famous smirk. Esther had wanted Kol to try and get where Davina was because she had the white oak stake.

Ariel contemplated for a moment, but he was apart of the supernatural circle and she missed hanging out with him. "Yeah, of course."

Kol opened the door and sat in the passenger's seat. He watched as Ariel started to drive, going off onto dirt roads. Kol held out his hand and the radio turned on, playing the station Ariel had left on before.

She noticed his antics and shook her head, laughing lightly. "Trying to show off?"

"Maybe," Kol admitted as he turned towards the angel. "But I know you like it."

Ariel smiled and stayed silent the rest of the time

Ariel smiled and stayed silent the rest of the time. She pulled up to a log cabin in the middle of the woods; Asher and Davina were sitting on the porch eating some lunch.

"Hey!" Asher waved at his sister, but slowly stopped when he saw who she brung. "Aw Ariel, brought your boyfriend?"

"We're not dating," Ariel told him as she got out of the car.

Kol scoffed and walked up to the porch behind the angel. "Oh darling, you'll say the opposite very soon."

Asher helped Davina up from the chair as Mikael had hurt her ankle. Kol decided to be a gentlemen and help her up too, "Kaleb."

"Davina," She smiled at him.

Even though it was just a simple greeting, Asher swatted Kaleb's hands off of his girlfriend. "I got it, I got it."

All four of them walked into the cabin which was covered in spell books and other mystical objects. Ariel had absolutely no idea what was what.

Kol knew what these were, taking an interest in it immediately. He spotted one paper which was covered in drawings and handwriting. "That's quite the spell you got going there. Don't mean to pry, but what are you up to?"

Davina made eye contact with him and stayed silent. She had just met Kaleb and already he was asking her questions; she didn't like it one bit. Ariel noticed this and grabbed onto Kaleb's shoulder, "Lets go somewhere else, yeah?"

+++

It was late at night now, everyone sleeping except for Kol. This was his time to snoop around, so he was. After his little run-in with Mikael after trying to get the white oak stake, he needed to get the bracelet off of Davina. He walked in her room and saw her and Asher lying in each other's arms. It only brought back memories to when him and Ariel would spend late nights together; soon he would have that back, soon.

"What are you doing up?" A sleepy Ariel asked at the doorway.

Kol reacted quick and picked up Davina's phone on the nightstand. "Phone kept dinging and I wondered who's it was."

Asher and Davina woke up, the witch grabbing her phone from Kol and checking her messages. "Oh no. Guys follow me."

Ariel caught a glimpse of her texts; it was from Cami saying 'he knows where you are'. Davina had told them it was Klaus, wanting to get his father. Davina and Kaleb sat across from each other, each holding on to one of the Summers' siblings. They started to chant a spell which would allow Klaus to not see them when he looked in the window.

Ariel noticed how Kaleb was gripping her hand tightly, like if he let go everything would be done for. Her and Asher made eye contact and they both silently prayed that this would work. Even though her and Klaus were on good terms, she knew he would be mad if he found out she was here. All of a sudden, a stick flew through the window which sent shattered glass everywhere. Kol threw his body over Ariel so she wouldn't get hurt. Davina, however, knocked her head on the table and passes out.

"Davina!" Asher yelled as he scrambled over to her. "Wake up, please wake up."

"Enough games, Davina!" Klaus shouted from outside. "Send out my father. Lets finish this."

Ariel felt Kaleb's weight off of hers as Mikael grabbed him by the collar. "Release me right now or I'll kill you!"

The angel went to throw the vampire off of him, but he pushed her back into the wall. Kol was thrown to the ground as he pushed Asher out of the way.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Asher asked as Kol started to perform that spell that would release Mikael.

After a couple seconds, the spell was released and he went outside to Klaus. Ariel ran over to Kaleb and helped him up, "You okay?"

He nodded as he looked at her, her worried brown eyes scanning over his face. Kol couldn't help but feel a sense of want rush over him. With no hesitation, he leaned in, his lips wanting to so badly touch hers yet again. Ariel took notice of this, allowing a second to go by before drawing back.

"We – I'm not ready," she admitted. "I'm sorry, god I..."

Ariel couldn't finish so she just turned around and walked to her room. Kol watched as Asher helped Davina to their bedroom. Kol ran his hand through his hair and sighed audibly; getting close to Ariel without telling her the truth was going to be hard.

+++

okay guys i have a question. i'm pretty sure next episode is when davina found out kaleb was kol. so, i wanna know if you guys want ariel to find out like in an episode or two, or like wait longer. idk i don't wanna rush, but at the same time i want them back together y'know?

make sure to vote & comment!