10. space between us

the originals ( s2, e10: gonna set your flag on fire )

*5+ comments for next chapter. thank you!*
_____________

SHE AWOKE with constant knocking at her apartment door. It was around noon and she was expecting Kol to take her out to lunch at this time anyways. Checking her hair, Ariel went to the front door, but saw Finn there instead.

"We need to talk."

Ariel crossed her arms, raising her eyebrows in question. "Around two years ago you held up a knife to my throat, so I don't think so."

She was about to close the door, but he stopped it with his hand. "Talk to me or else your precious lover and brother die."

"I swear to–" Ariel looked at his face and knew he wasn't playing mind games with her. "Rousseau's, now."

They walked there, but the angel kept a cautious eye on him. Sitting at a back table with beers in both hands, Finn whispered, "Where's my mother?"

Ariel took a long sip of the alcohol, not wanting to be here at all. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Finn slammed the table which caused the sugars to spill all over the floor. He closed his eyes for a second, calming himself down. "Listen, I have trapped all the werewolves and vampires in the Mikaelon complex. Soon the vampires will get hungry and feed on Kol. You tell me where my mother is and I'll let them all free."

Ariel wanted to help everyone (mainly Kol) but she had no idea where Esther was. She knew that Klaus took care of her, but that was it. "Don't you know that I would do anything for Kol? If I knew where Esther was I would tell you, but I don't."

"You put up a brave front Ariel," Finn stands up from his seat. He was done talking to someone who he found useless. "But you will crumble down one day."

He walked out of the bar and made the beer in Ariel's hand break on her. She cursed under her breath, but glared at Finn. The light above him broke and pieces of glass scratched his face up. Ariel walked by him, "Oops."

+++

There she was, in front of the Mikaelson complex where much chatter was coming from the inside. She headed in the open entryway where vampires and werewolves all looked up at her.

Ariel walked up to slowly touch the barrier, but Kol came running down the stairs. "Careful!"

It was too late as she pressed her palm against the invisible shield, but nothing happened. Kol sighed in relief, thankful angels were immune to the effect of this spell. "I could try breaking it?"

Kol shook his head. "This is a witch's job, so I called Davina."

+++

"I don't like this," Asher grabbed onto her wrist before she could move anymore. "D, you're always putting yourself out on the line. What if one time–"

Davina stopped her boyfriend from talking by placing a kiss on his lips. "I know what I'm doing and I'm fine. I love how you care so much for me though, it's very adorable."

Asher let her walk towards the Mikaelson complex, but faltered to move when he hung onto to that word: love. She might've just let it slip, but all the male angel knew was that he completely felt the same way.