02. pretty girl

the originals ( s2, e2: alive and kicking )
____________

Bourbon Street was already bustling with people early in the morning. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, especially Kol Mikaelson. His newfound powers were doing him well as he took an apple from the stand. The vendor was about to go after him, but with one movement of his hand, he sent the apples on the table flying to the ground which caused the vendor to pick them up.

Kol leaned against a post as he bit his apple, watching Ariel as she walked across the street with a breakfast bag in her hand. She was probably bringing it back to her apartment for her and Asher. Kol didn't like calling this stalking, he preferred to see it as 'viewing from a distance'. Well, in her point of view it was stalking, but little did she know that inside Kaleb Westphall was the spirit of her lover.

"I got you a muffin!" Ariel called out as she closed the door to the apartment.

Asher ran from his room and grabbed the muffin. "You took forever."

"A thank you would be nice," Ariel narrowed her eyes at her twin.

The blue eyed boy finished his muffin in two bites, grabbing his phone and Ariel's keys. "Sorry sis, but I'm using your car so I can take Davina to this really nice café I found downtown."

"Didn't you just meet her a couple days ago?" Ariel questioned him.

He put his hand on his heart and smiled at his sister, "I'm in love."

Asher shut the door before she could argue with him anymore. Ariel needed to make sure Davina was right for him – that she wasn't some crazy teen (ironic considering her soulmate was an original vampire who has killed hundreds). She tracked down the girl who was in an attic of a church. She snuck in the back door since Asher was or front waiting for her. Ariel listened carefully at the bottom of the stairs, hearing not one, but two voices. It was male's voice, but way older. She was about to go upstairs, but Davina had already spelled the door and started to exit the church.

"Damn it," Ariel mumbled as her phone dinged.

Coffee? Now-ish?

Ariel read the text over and over again from Kaleb, wondering what she should answer. She decided it was time for a change, so she replied with a yes. Ariel headed to the place where they would meet: Rousseau's. She sat there for a good thirty minutes, Kaleb being a no show.

"Unbelievable."

Ariel scooted out of her and knocked it over, everyone in the place looking at her oddly. She ignored their looks and walked out of Rousseau's. She didn't want to feel heartbroken, but she actually thought this could be the guy to mend her heart back together; guess not.

__________________

"Well you were right to be suspicious. Davina's definitely hiding something up there," Kol told Esther as Finn followed along. "The door was locked with a very complex spell."

"Could be a weapon, source of power. I'd prefer not to leave anything by chance." Esther stopped her two sons and turned to Kol. "So, since Asher already took Davina, you'll be going to dinner with your old angel lover."

Kol kept reminding himself that he had to play his part so his mother wouldn't be suspicious of anything. "I just stood her up for coffee, she probably hates me – well Kaleb now."