chapter 5

Whoever said it was cute to make weird crying faces with teary effects like a proud father giving her daughter away during a civil wedding could join Taehyung and jump off a hundred feet manhole.

I mean, why would you even do that when:

1. You're the groom yourself.

2. It's a civil wedding for melon's sake!

3. Just no.

And when Namjoon almost knocked over the tall coffee table with a vase on top as Taehyung did his stupid moment, the one administering the wedding ceremony glanced at me quite sympathetically—like he wanted to know if I was really with the two.

I wanted to question myself with that, too.

Mr. Min had an uneven smile when he caught my gaze. So what I did was to smile back, pitying myself for being there.

If only it hadn't been for Aeri, I wouldn't have to experience this secondhand embarrassment.

Thankfully and fortunately, the short ceremony was over in a blink of an eye and a thin, gold accessory now rested on my ring finger. After the picture taking, Taehyung and I started to sign the papers.

That was when everything started to feel strange—like I was going to live a whole new different life. When in reality, nothing would really change. Not much, that is. The only difference would be the fact that Aeri and I would be living with Taehyung, and legally, Taehyung and I were married.

But my stomach kept doing that falling feeling. And the worse part was that I couldn't decipher for which reason it was.

I had just bound myself with this guy who I hadn't seen for such a long time, and not to mention, so many questions still lingered on my head that I wanted to throw at him.

But I guess I'd have to wait for the right time to ask. Though sometimes, I think it wouldn't come.

Taehyung and I parted with Namjoon at the parking lot, since Namjoon said he still had papers waiting for him, and phone calls he had to attend to.

That, then, left me and Taehyung all by ourselves for dinner. He brought me to some fancy restaurant with the heavy high class aura.

Taehyung had ordered for us both, and when the waiter had left, he leaned on his chair and crossed his arms. Then he shot me a smug pointed look.

"Remember when you said you wouldn't marry me, because your husband is going to be that Park Jimin back in high school?" he remarked, and I made a face at the suddenness of his question.

"It's not like you didn't have a girlfriend that time who kept wrapping herself on you and taking you with her wherever she went," I shot back.

"So you were jealous?" He slyly grinned.

"You wish," I mumbled, and Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head.

"It's been a long time," he mused.

"Yeah." And a clueless me still existed.

The waiter arrived with our orders, and we both indulged ourselves with our food. The first minutes passed with silence between me and Taehyung—only the sound of our utensils clinking against the plate and the background music could be heard. It gave me comfort, actually. It had been a long day: from moving to Taehyung's this morning, unpacking, and this. Taehyung must have felt the same too.