chapter 25

I'm confused.

Well...that would be understatement. I was way beyond confused with my stand with Taehyung; I honestly couldn't tell anymore if we were friends or not. Or strangers. Who knew?

Or something different.

No, that can't be the case!

Well, fine. I admit that I had been pushing it back, but no luck. I might or might not have been harboring feelings for Taehyung.

I might have been focusing on my own problems and the conflict between Taehyung and I that had always set the gap between us. And now that things were coming to a clear, this silly little feelings found the opportunity to emerge.

Feelings that I probably shouldn't have.

It took Taehyung and I a couple of days to return the usual atmosphere around us. Though we might still be plodding our way through it until now.

Aeri had helped the most to make it happen. And through those days, I had grown more conscious—too conscious that enlightened me to something else.

One wrong slip, and everything's bound to fall.

I didn't want to put Taehyung in an uncomfortable position, but being around him didn't help at all. And sometimes, when he kept doing the usual things we did before, now that we were back to our normal 'married' lives, I just couldn't help it.

Like everything was on the rim of a glass, either falling in or out—Unbeknownst to me which one was worse.

"Oh don't tell me you're just gonna stand there." Nari snapped her fingers in front of me, interrupting my thoughts.

I lifted my head up to see three pairs of eyes looking at me. "What? Have you bought the tickets already?"

"Here!" Nari cheered, handing the wristband to me. "We already put on ours while you were spacing out." She grinned.

Shrugging to myself, I put the wristband on and we all entered the ocean park.

Originally, it was supposed to be only me, Aeri, Taehyung, Somi and Minsun. Taehyung had thought about it as a breather from the saturnine weeks we had gone through.

How Nari was suddenly included in our outing, I had no idea. Her reason was simply that she wanted to see Aeri. As for Minji, she had not really planned on being with us today. However, her judgment convinced her she could not leave Nari alone.

"That girl probably needs parental guidance." Minji had said when she had made up her mind.

Minji pushed Aeri's buggy while Nari kept tilting her head left and right, walking backwards so she could see Aeri.

Minsun was already pointing at the large aquariums, and I could figure Somi-ajumma was telling him to stay close.

"You okay?"

I almost forgot Taehyung is actually here for a moment.

I nodded with an assuring smile.

Returning the gesture, Taehyung dropped his gaze and held my hand. My brows raised forthwith whilst I internally frowned.

Are the gods testing my emotions? It's definitely not funny.