chapter 34

❝so before you read, petition for #plsdonthateme2k17, jk what even. okay, but I'd appreciate if you read the note after this chapter, tysm ♡❞
— ✿ —

1 month later

The cold air bit on my skin without warning, stimulating a chill up my spine. Ugh. I should have worn warmer clothes. Or maybe I shouldn't have tagged along with this little weirdo who insisted that it was a good idea to get ice cream outside past eleven at night.

He even woke me up from my slumber just to force me to agree with his late night agenda.

"I wish Aeri was with us right now," I mumbled to myself, but the quiet atmosphere made it audible to Taehyung. "I miss my precious angel."

He glanced at me, with a small frown which he immediately erased. Continuing the walk to the convenience store, he linked his arm with mine.

"Taehyung, let's just go home."

"You've barely went out for a while now. You've been shutting yourself at home. I think I'm gonna fire you sooner or later."

"Then fire me, I don't care," I retaliated and rolled my eyes.

"Come on," complained Taehyung. "You need to go out sometimes. It's gonna help you feel better."

"But—"

"Besides, I think Aeri's tired of seeing you everyday all day now." Taehyung let out a frustrated sigh. "You barely even let me hold her."

I made a face, the half of me agreeing and also feeling sorry for Taehyung. "You can't blame me, I'm just really worried."

Taehyung halted and faced me, holding me on my shoulders and stared at me as if he were studying my face before he pulled me into a hug. He honestly reminded me of an innocent puppy.

"You've been nothing but worried, it makes me want to take care of you more." He pushed us apart and reached for my brows which currently met in the middle. With a smile, he massaged them. "You're gonna get wrinkles at an early age."

"Taehyung, let's just get your ice cream, I'm about to turn to ice anytime soon."

Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head. "Give me money."

I shot him a look of disbelief. "What?"

"I forgot to bring money."

Finding him unbelievable, I searched inside my jacket pockets for any money. It wasn't like I had intentionally brought any with me. Luckily, I found a few bills and gave it to Taehyung.

"I'll be back, wait here." He pushed me to sit on the bench, and without even letting me respond, he already dashed away.

That guy, really. I bet it was warmer inside the convenience store than here.

"Aish," I grunted, stomping my feet on the ground. Besides, it was dangerous here, duh. Although the street lights were too bright, but still.

He came back with only one ice cream, and he didn't even buy me. I really couldn't decipher what went on with this guy's head.

"Here's your change."

"Wow, thanks for at least giving me back my..." I paused midway, eyes landing on something else that reflected under the light. It wasn't a coin. I was sure it wasn't.

"Uh, Taehyung, there's a..." I did a double-take, making sure my tired eyes weren't deceiving me. "...ring?"

He remained silent.