chapter 15

"I shouldn't have brought you with me."

With a sigh, I reached for my bag with my free hand, fumbling through the insides to look for my umbrella. I'm sure I put it here before we left.

Aeri started to cry and I rocked her a little, humming to calm her down.

"Little Aeri will be home soon. Sorry that you had to come with me," I mumbled, kissing the crown of her head.

Ah, there it is.

I took out the umbrella and placed Aeri in a more comfortable position as I headed out of the hospital entrance. The rain had just started to pour, and we should probably get home soon before it worsens. Also, I didn't want Aeri getting sick.

I was about to request the guard to help us hail a cab when a car suddenly stopped in front of us and rolled down its windows, revealing a familiar person who showed himself.

"Kyungmin!" he greeted with an eye smile and a small wave. "Do you need a ride?"

"Oh, Jimin-ah! That would be great," I told him leaning my head low, "but don't you have other things to attend to?" Well, it would be too coincidental to randomly find him here.

"I was just about to leave when I saw you," he said. "Come on, it's not good for the baby to get rained on."

Jimin took something from his dashboard and went out of his car. He approached us with an umbrella. Knowing that he was right, I stepped down on the stairs to meet him halfway. He opened the car door and made sure Aeri and I settled ourselves properly before climbing back to his seat.

Not even a minute inside, Aeri started to smash her rattle on Jimin's dashboard, and I pulled her back in a swift motion.

"No, no, Aeri. Jimin's dashboard will get scratched," I softly told her, and Jimin chuckled as he closed his door.

"So, this is little Aeri when she's awake, huh?" He tilted his head and reached for Aeri's hand, lifting them up and down. Aeri shook her rattle again and I had to face her towards Jimin to avoid her from hitting the window.

Well, her carefree ways might have rooted with Taehyung allowing her to do whatever in his car. "It's fine, we can have it fixed if she breaks it." That guy, really. He'd probably put Aeri above everything else.

"Aeri, this isn't Ta—your dad's car," I corrected myself. "Sorry about that," I quickly added to brush my previous words and pulled on the seatbelt.

"Ah, don't mind. It's fine." Jimin started to drive, a smile showing on his profile.

Aeri fell silent, and when I dropped my gaze on her, she was lurking at Jimin. I rested my head on the window, my body still facing to my left a little.

"Can you see Jimin's eyes? Jimin's eyes are missing," I playfully told Aeri. "Omo? Where could Jimin's eyes be?"

Jimin heartily chuckled and Aeri kept staring at him, eyes widening a little. Looking a little curious, Aeri turned to me.

"See? His eyes are missing. Oh no, Aeri. How could he drive when he can't see the road?"

Jimin snorted, shaking his head. "You have a daughter but you still bully me."