Chapter 1 - Who are you?

-Nanami's POV-

"Nanami-chan! You're staring at him again!" Miki-chan screamed into my ears.

"Shhhh!!!!" I covered her mouth tightly.

"Rrrrfuu" She mumbled.

"Ne~ Nanami-chan, when are you going to talk to him?" Miki-chan teased.

"What..? I can't do that! I don't think he remembers me." My mouth dropped at her question and I let out a deep sigh.

"So are you going to just stare at him everyday?" She pouted.

My eyes widened at what she just said.

"I don't know." I sulked.

Shortly after, the bell went off and Miki-chan and I went back to class.

• • •

I was looking out at the window when suddenly I saw a familiar figure playing in the field.

"Ahh..I really miss you.." I thought to myself while putting my right hand on my face.

"Nanami! Stop looking out at the window and start paying attention to what I'm saying!" Sensei shouted furiously.

"I'm so sorry!" I bowed down to apologise. I feel my face heat up from the embarrassment.
I heard a slight giggle from Miki-chan and I shot her a glare.

For the rest of the lessons, I tried to pay attention but I was unconsciously thinking of him.

• • •

"Ahhh yes finally the day is over!" I stretched my arms as I walked out of the school gate.

"See ya tomorrow Miki-chan!" I waved.

"See ya!" Miki-chan winked and walk away. Feeling confused by the sudden wink, it felt as if she was suggesting something.

I scratched my head in confusion and turned around to continue walking home. But to my surprise, I saw him walking alone slightly further away from me. Suddenly, I remembered Miki-chan's wink. "That girl..." I shake my head.

An idea came to my mind.
"Well, it doesn't hurt right?"
I begin to follow him from a far distance. I was holding my bag tightly as I tip toe silently, feeling nervous and scared at the same time.

Soon, I found myself in a street with different kinds of shops. I was amazed by the variety. There were shops with stylish clothes and cute food stalls selling crepes and pancakes. I stopped to look at some items and completely forgot why I was here.

I passed by an alley when suddenly I felt my mouth being covered. My eyes widened in shock but in a flash, I was dragged into the alley. I shut my eyes in fear as I feel my back landed on the wall.

However, I smell a familiar scent. I opened my eyes slightly to see a pair of eyes filled with curiosity staring at me.

"Who are you and why are you following me?" One of his arm was right beside my face and his face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath against my skin.
"I....I.." I found myself not being able to answer him. My mind was in a mess and I wanted to smack myself for getting caught. My heart was racing and I couldn't take it anymore so I covered my blushing face with both of my hands.
"I'm sorry." I broke free from his clutches.

Tears started flowing down on my cheeks as I walked away from him.

"He doesn't remember me at all..."

Or..maybe he's angry about that?

I was about to leave the alley when I felt a grip on my wrist. I turned around and he was looking straight into my eyes with a face that I couldn't read. I tried to wipe away the tears using my other hand. He looked down on my bag and saw my keychain which says "Nanami".

"Ne, don't cry...I didn't mean it."

I shook my head, trying to say it's okay.

Slowly, I let go of his grip.

• • •

-Kei's POV-

"Nanami...do I know her..?" I thought to myself as I watched her, walking away from me.

Feeling puzzled, I was thinking about her as I walked home.
Why was she following me? Why was she crying? These questions filled up my mind. I scratched my head in frustration.

"I'm home~" I greeted my Mom. She was in the kitchen preparing for dinner. The smell of the fragrant soup filled my entire house.

"How was school?"

"Fine, I guess. I met someone weird though." I answered casually.

"Oh, who is it? Did anything happen?" She asked with curiosity.

"I don't know her but I found out that her name is Nanami." I sipped on my cup of water as I answered her.

My mom was silent for a few seconds. I looked at her and I saw that there was a slight change in her expression. Her face was unreadable. I couldn't tell what what she thinking about but it was definitely unusual.

I want to talk to her.