Chapter 10 - Memories

-Nanami's POV-

Kei then came along and we started washing our plates together. As we washed, the foam got heavier and some landed on his arm. He was already done but he didn't realised it. I reached for his arm to brush away the foam using my hand. He looked at me when I touched his arm and I met his eyes. He was staring at me with an unreadable face.

"What's wrong...?"

His face got closer. I put the plate that I was holding onto down and I backed away as he got closer and closer. He was staring at me with his droopy eyes. My face was heating up.
I feel my back hit against a wall. He was cornering me and I had no idea what to do.

"Headache.." he mumbled. He then wrap his arm around my shoulders pulling me close. His sudden gesture made me flinch a little. I sunk into his warm touch but I couldn't hug him back. He's kinda cute when he's clingy.

"Kei..my hands are dirty..Where's your medicine?"

He kept silent and just continue hugging me leaving me in such an awkward position as my hands were reaching out so that I won't dirty his shirt.

Fortunately, there's a towel hanging on the wall slightly in front of me. As I tried to reach for it, my body pressed against him leaving no gaps between us.

"Ahh finally.." I finally managed to reach for the towel and I wipe clean my hands.

Kei was still hanging onto me. His cheeks are pressed against my head.

I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back gently. I closed my eyes as I hugged him feeling his warm body.

"Kei, you need to eat your medicine."

I put my hands on his shoulders breaking off the hug. I'm worried about him. The fact that he actually hugged me, it must be really painful.

"I'll go and get your medicine. It's still in your bag?"

-Kei's POV-

I nodded slightly and sat down on the dining table's chair.

I saw the little girl's face...it's so much more visible now..the little girl was Nanami. I saw the scene in my mind where Nanami and I were playing around with water in the kitchen. She was laughing so happily as she splashed water at me. Fun times huh...

Nanami came back with my medicine and handed it to me. I took it and gulped it down with water.

"I'm sorry for-" I wanted to apologise for the sudden hug.

"Nono it's okay. It's really fine." She place her finger on my lips.

"You remembered something?"

"Y-yeah..I finally saw the face of the little girl.."

"Little girl?" She frowned in confusion.

"It was you."

Her eyes widened when she heard my words.

"Eh..what were we doing?"

"We were playing around with water in the kitchen or should I say here."

She gasped and her jaw dropped.

"You remembered that!" She looks elated for some reason.

"We had so much fun back then." She said as she placed her hand on her chin. Seems like she was thinking about something but her face was filled with happiness.

"But...are you okay? Is it still painful?" Suddenly her cheerful self disappeared and she looks worried.

"No..it's okay! I'm fine~ I'm feeling better now." I tried to reassure her.

-Nanami's POV-

"Kei, maybe you should lie down and rest."

He blinked his eyes a couple of times.

I took his hand and made him follow me into his room.

"Now, lie down and rest. Okay?" I looked straight into his eyes as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Hey.. are you leaving?" He sounds a little fragile.

He adjusts himself on his bed and I sat on the side of his bed.

"Not yet. Don't worry about the futons. I'll keep them for you and clean up a little."

He smiled weakly at me and he shut his eyes to rest.

I stayed and looked at him for a couple of minutes till he was asleep. I just wish his headache will go away... It hurts to see him suffering. I gently caress his face lightly while he's asleep. He feels soft..

I begin to clean his room and place all the futons back to where they came from. It took me quite awhile to figure out where did he got it from. I went back to the kitchen to finish up cleaning and got everything nice and clean.

I gotta head home soon. My Mom must be worried and I'm still in the same piece of shirt and shorts from yesterday. Gosh I feel gross and I definitely don't want Kei to think I'm gross too.

I looked at Kei again and he looks like he's sleeping soundly. I feel a little assured and decides to leave his house.

Just as when I was about to leave, I heard the rattling of the door.

*bam*

The door flung open and I saw Obachan standing there with huge bags.

Her bags made lots of noises while brushing through to where she was walking. I quickly lend a helping hand to Obachan.

"Nanami-chan! You're still here?"

"Oh..it's a long story but the rain was really heavy yesterday and I couldn't get home."

"Ahh I see! I'm glad you're fine and thank you for cleaning the kitchen!"

"By the way, Kei is having a bad headache but he's resting right now."

"Ah..it's working up again."

"Yeah..he kinda remembered something about the past."

"Obachan, I'm sorry I have to get going. I'll see you again!"

"Yeah sure. See you!" She waved to me.

I got out of Kei's house and started walking home. The weather seems much better than yesterday. Flowers around the walkway were blooming again. I took a deep breath, feeling the freshness of the weather. It feels nice and refreshing.

As I was walking, I saw something that caught my attention...