Chapter 29 - Not getting away

-Nanami's POV-

I walked into the classroom to see weird stares and judgemental faces. I frowned in confusion at the sight of these faces.

"Oi! Nanami!" Miki-chan whispered and gestured me to come over to her table.

She then pulled me out of class within seconds and we were at side of the staircase.

"Nanami, I asked you to have a talk with Inoochan and what happened? YOU DID IT WITH HIM?!" Miki-chan crossed her arms.

"Wait what? Did what?" I was confused.

"Look at your neck."

"OH! Shoot. I forgot to apply concealer!" I smacked my head.

"So...what happened?"

"Eh...first thing first! We haven't done that."

And so, I told Miki-chan everything.

"Ohmygod, see. I told you. I'm glad the both of you are fine now." Miki-chan held my shoulders.

"Eheheh..but wow that's wild. Inoochan is unexpectedly so good at that huh? He left it with such an OBVIOUS mark." Her tone changed and she winked.

Here comes another round of teasing.

"Shhh...stop teasing me!" I placed my finger on her lips.

"Hahaha. I'm so glad you're fine nowwwww." Her arms came forward and she hugged me.

"Thank you Miki-chan. You're the best." I hugged her back.

"Gross." Ari-chan appeared from the back. Guess she was lurking behind when Miki-chan and I were talking. Damn it.

"Who are YOU calling gross?" Miki-chan frowned.

"This little one." She pointed to me.

"I didn't do anything?" I responded.

"You seduced Inoochan. Go to hell!" She was about to hit me with her right hand.

"Oi." I look up to see Kei, holding her arm to stop her from hitting me.

That's new. I mean the ever fluffy and soft Kei is doing THAT. He looked really serious. (A/N: Just think of Inoo's role as Eiji Kusaka in Lost ID!)

"Ari-chan, there are better guys out there. I'm not the one for you. I'm sorry but please stop harassing Nanami." Kei said in a firm tone.

She gave me a disgusted glare and Kei took my hands, dragging me away from her.

"Ne..I'm sorry. Are you okay?" His gentle self returned back.

"It's not your fault, Kei. I'm fine...just a little annoyed."

"If she harasses you again, tell me okay? She has always been aggressive." He patted my head gently.

I nodded.

"By the way...you were really cool just now.." I played with my fingers as I mumbled.

"Eh? I.." His eyes widened.

"I just didn't want you to be hurt."

I moved forward and threw my arms around him. The moment my face lands on his chest, all I felt was warmth and softness. Blissful is how I would describe it.

"Thank you."

"You're making me embarrassed." I saw a tiny smile on his face when I looked up.