Chapter 9 - Accident?!

-Nanami's POV-

I blinked my eyes a few times. The sunlight was shining through the window. The first thing I saw was Kei's face right in front of me. Just a few cm away. How did we even end up so close together? I couldn't help but to look at his pretty face while he was asleep. His eyelashes are in such nice volume. His adorable little nose, his pouty lips which parted slightly showing his cute teeth. I'm so in love with everything. Everything about him..

Slowly, I realised how close I've gotten and my lips are less than a cm away from him. I could even feel his breath on my skin.

My face started heating up when I realised I was too close to him. I saw his fingers moving slightly. I squealed a little as I started panicking. I wanted to roll away but suddenly, his hand grabbed me by my waist pulling me closer.

"Pillow.." Kei mumbled.

My lips ended up on his. His soft and warm lips brushed against mine. My eyes widened in disbelief. Electricity shot through my entire body and I froze. I could feel the warmth of his lips against mine.

"Ah!"

I quickly got off his embrace and rolled over to the other side. Using the blanket to cover my face, I shut my eyes in embarrassment and repeatedly told myself to calm down in my mind. He thought you were his pillow, it's not a kiss. It's not a kiss. We didn't kiss.

"Nanami?" I heard his sleepy voice calling my name and I flinched.

I peeked through my blanket to see Kei's eyes open slightly. He yawns and stretched his arms a little.

I could feel his presence closer and closer. He reached for my blanket and my eyes widened when he took it off revealing his sleepy, droopy eyes staring at me.

"Why is your face so red?" He laughed.

My hands went up to my cheeks and I touched them to feel the heat rising. No, I can't do this. I'm gonna die if I stay in the same room as Kei any longer.

I got up and moves towards the door.

"Wai-" I quickly closed the door before he could even say anything.

I was barely breathing properly. The tension is too much. It's so embarrassing. How am I going to face him?

I went into the bathroom and I wanted to wash up but I realised this isn't my house. I didn't bring any of my belongings here.

"Hey, if you're looking for an unused toothbrush, it's inside the small cabinet."

I jump a little the moment I heard his voice.

I took the toothbrush from the small cabinet and started washing up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I touched my lips..It felt real...

I shake my head. I should just forget about it. It didn't mean anything.

I opened the door and Kei was standing outside.

"Oh, you're done. I'll go wash up too."

I went to the living room and sat down on the sofa. I put my hands on my thigh, trying to calm myself down.

"Alright, Nanami, calm down. You will say a proper goodbye before you go off." I said to myself.

I heard the door clicked open.

He came out with a towel over his neck and he was using the towel to wipe clean his face. Goddamn it, he's so attractive.

"K-Kei..I'll be going off now." I said in an awkward tone.

"Wait, at least have breakfast before you go. I wouldn't want you to go off without eating anything." He said worriedly.

I admit that my house is not exactly near his and it'll take awhile to travel back...my stomach is also slightly growling. Urgh why is it so hard to escape from him?

"I'll be making breakfast. Don't worry."

"I'll help you then" I replied.

Kei was making sunny side up while I slice the vegetables. He came over from time to time just to steal slices of tomatoes from my chopping board. Tomato-lover indeed.

"Keiiii, you're eating all the tomatoes!" I whined.

"Oops sorry." He let his tongue out.

I toasted some bread while Kei pan-fry the sausages. Somehow, I was enjoying my time making breakfast with him that I've forgotten all about the accidental kiss.
It's so fun to be with him.

Finally, breakfast is done!
Kei and I placed everything nicely on the table and settled down.

"Oooo sugoi" His eyes glittered as he look at the breakfast we have made.

"Itadakimasu"

I cut a piece of the sunny side up Kei has made and put it into my mouth. Ahhh its so delicious!

"It's fun to cook together." Kei suddenly said.

My eyes widened a little at what he just said. I nodded in agreement and he gave me a smile.

When will I ever stop melting over his smile?

We were really hungry so our food went down our stomach really quickly. Kei sliced his last piece of sausage and was about to put it into his mouth when he stopped. He directed his fork to my mouth.

"Ahh~" He opened his mouth instructing me to open my mouth too.

"What?"

"Don't you want it? It's the last one~" He teased.

I opened my mouth slightly wanting to take the last piece of sausage when Kei suddenly took it back and put it into his mouth.

What a tease!

"Unfair unfair unfair!" I pouted.

Kei laughed in amusement when he saw me pouting.

"Aye, let's go and wash our dishes." I took my plate and move towards the sink.