Chapter 15 - Jealousy...good or bad?

-Nanami's POV-

It's finally the day of the school trip. Everyone's really excited. Ichinose-kun and I can finally relax a little since everything is all done and we can enjoy the school trip with the rest of the class too.

The bus ride was pretty long and I'm a little tired from it. Everyone's gathering around and I'm just standing there, feeling really really sleepy. I haven't been getting enough sleep these days.

Looking at how we'll still have wait for the other classes to arrive, I shut my eyes in attempt to ease the dryness in my eyes.

"Nanami-chan! Be careful!" I opened my eyes in shock when I realised someone was calling me. I looked down and noticed Ichinose-kun was holding on to my arm.

"Eh..?"

"There was a bicycle speeding and you didn't notice!" He said in a worried tone.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I placed my hands together in attempt to plead for forgiveness.

"Daijoubu, just stay safe." He laughed and ruffled through my hair.

"Nanami-chan! You're so careless. Please stay awake!" Miki-chan nagged.

"Okay okay~ But I'm really sleepy." I pouted.

-Kei's POV-

I saw the entire scene...

I don't know why but I feel frustrated whenever Ichinose gets close to Nanami. He even ruffled her hair...I feel sad that I'm not the one beside her and worst thing was I can't approach her right now since we're in different class.

We had to carry on with each of our own activities so we spent the entire afternoon doing what was planned in our proposal.

I was kind of gloomy throughout the entire afternoon.

"Hey..Inoo-chan, you okay?" Dai-chan asked.

Since Dai-chan is someone that I can trust, I told him every single thing and my feelings.

"You see...I'm not sure what should I do. I'm confused and frustrated."

"I think you should tell her. Confess."

My eyes widened at what Dai-chan has just said.

"Hmm.."

"It'll all work out. There's nothing to be uncertain of if you like her. I'm sure." Dai-chan patted my back.

"Thank you." I smiled.

-Nanami's POV-

"WHAT!?! Ichinose-kun asked you to meet him at the park during the evening break?!" Miki-chan was so loud.

"Calm down! Maybe he needs advice on something important." I said as I hold Miki-chan down.

"What do you mean by that, Nanami-chan! Don't you know what's going on?"

"Huh? What? Isn't it just going to be a normal meeting?"

"Bakaaaaa. I bet he's going to confess."

"That's impossible! I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me."

"Well, from the way he looks at you. I'm pretty sure he likes you."

"Yabai!!!" Miki-chan's jaw dropped. Sometimes, I have a hard time catching up with her reactions.

"WAIT, WHAT ABOUT INOO-CHAN? DOES HE KNOW?" Miki-chan was shaking my shoulders vigorously.

I'm just glad that we're in the washroom and there's probably no one because Miki-chan is literally announcing it to the whole world.

"No...it's been long since I talked to Kei."

"Don't tell me you're still bothered by the did-I-kiss-him-or-was-it-just-a-dream issue?"

"I guess. But he seems a little upset the last time I saw him."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"We walked home together few days ago."

"Were you with Ichinose-kun before you meet Kei?"

"Yeah?"

"HAH! That must be the reason why he's a little upset."

"Woah, woah, what's going on now Miki-chan? You're confusing me."

"So are you going to meet Ichinose-kun?"

"Yeah I am. What if it's something important?"

"Fineeeee."  She scoffed.

"I'll see you later back in the hotel then. Don't be late!"

"Yeah I'll make my way to the park now."

"Be careful~"

With that, I saw Miki-chan running away. I wonder why was she even running?

-Kei's POV-

I was eating some local snacks with Dai-chan and just chilling when suddenly a girl came running towards our direction. She seems familiar.

"Who's that?" Dai-chan asked curiously.

"I think it's Nanami's friend?" I looked at her.

"Ichinose-kun is going to confess to Nanami-chan!" She said frantically. She was panting and catching her breath at the same time.

"I'm...not sure how you feel towards Nanami-chan but I just felt like I needed to tell you this." She was still trying to catch her breath.

I looked over to Dai-chan and I realised his expression was kind of weird. It's like he was caught up with something...or actually someone.

I looked up and stared at her for awhile. No doubt, her words has affected me. I feel like I want to get closer to Nanami-chan, yet what is this feeling that drifts me away? Why am I so conflicted and confused about this? I guess I'm scared of confronting my feelings.

"Inoo-chan, what are you waiting for?" Dai-chan placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Get going before you regret." Dai-chan said with a serious tone. His eyes were firm as he looked at me.

I bite my lips and I stood up.

"Where is she?"

"She's heading towards the park."

"Thanks guys. I'll be back."

"Yeah good luck, Inoo-chan!" Dai-chan shouted.

I ran off towards the direction of the park.