Chapter 21 - It's my turn

-Kei's POV-

I was waiting outside the school gate for Nanami patiently. Honestly, today wasn't the best day...All I want right now is to see her. Only her.

"Hey?" I was in deep thought when she appeared in front of me. Her bright smile always make things better.

"Hey." I smiled faintly.

We started walking in silence...It was weird..usually Nanami would be so hyper..

-Nanami's POV-

I could tell that something was wrong...He wasn't bubbly as usual...There was something different about him.

I couldn't bear to see him like this, it worries me so much.

"Kei.." I stopped and I turned to face him.

"Are you-" My sentence got cut off when raindrops started dripping on my face. The raindrops got heavier and I felt my uniform getting wet from the sudden rain.

We quickly ran for a shelter nearby. Thankfully, we found a bus stop which has a shelter. We were drenched by the time we reach the bus stop.

"Nanami..." Kei pointed to my uniform.

"Ah YABAI!" I look down and saw that my blouse got slightly translucent. I should've kept my blazer on...

My eyes widened and my face started heating up when I realised that...

I quickly covered myself with my hands.

"T-Take..it" I look up to see Kei facing the side. His ears were flushing red as he tried to offer me his jacket.

"A..thank you." I quickly took the jacket and covered myself up.

"The bus goes straight to my house..Maybe..you can come over. I think my Mom is at home too." Kei said awkwardly. He was still avoiding me.

Baka...I made him so embarrassed...I should've noticed it earlier.

"Y-Yeah okay."

Why did we end up in such an awkward situation..

The bus came and the both of us got on. I was sitting on the window seat and Kei was beside me.

-Kei's POV-

I shake my head in attempt to ditch all of my thoughts.

We were in silence and I kept looking at her throughout the ride. I saw her trembling due to the cold weather...

Makes me want to give her some warmth by hugging her..

She took out her handkerchief. To my surprise, she started tapping the handkerchief on my face, trying to wipe dry all the water from the rain off my face.

"Nanami..you're shivering..you should use it." I held her wrist which was so close to my face.

"Mmm..it's fine." She smiled sweetly.

I smiled at the sight of her being so thoughtful towards me. She always make me feel better even when I'm feeling down.

"Eheh..I kinda forgot there are still other passengers on the bus." She giggled.