Chapter 14 - Rival?!

-Nanami's POV-

I woke up with an extreme headache. Thank god there's no school today.

"Urgh.." I rubbed my head a little.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!" My eyes widened and I screamed because the image of me kissing Kei flashed in my mind. I probably got drunk because of the drink though I can't remember much. Just why did I bought an alcoholic drink without checking. If I wasn't with Kei, bad things might have happened. I should be more careful next time. Urgh.

"EH?!" I panicked and I sat up. My hands were on my face as I tried to recover from the shock.

"No, no, wait maybe it's just a dream. Right." I placed my hand above my chest in attempt to calm myself down.

But I don't recall anything. How am I going to face him?? Ahh but I have no way of finding out what happened unless I ask him...WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. There's no way in hell I'm gonna do that.

Sigh..I collapsed back on my bed. What should I do...

-Kei's POV-

I woke up with everything that has happened last night still fresh in my mind. For some reason, the feeling of her lips is still lingering on my mind. I walked down the stairs, stretching my arms and yawning slightly.

"Mom?"

Guess she's out.

I went over to the dining room and I saw something unusual on the dining table.

I stumbled upon this photo album that was on the dining table. It's blue in colour and it's really pretty. I was thinking if I should open it...

"I'll just take a peek.."

I opened it, revealing a photo of me when I was a child. Next to it was a photo of Nanami and I in a park. I flipped through again...and I saw many photos of Nanami and I when we were young. My head started hurting slightly as all these memories came rushing back into my mind. I was overwhelmed by it but I wanted to look through the entire album. Bit by bit, I recalled a lot of events that happened in the past...

We were sitting down on a bench by the seaside. Our legs didn't even touch the ground. We were so small back then.

"Kei! Let's make a promise!" Nanami's voice was so high pitch back then.

"We'll be together forever!"

"Yeah!" I said in agreement. Her small fingers reached for mine and we did a pinky promise.

That's sad...since we lost contact a few years after that..Another memory flashed in my mind...

"I don't want to leave this place! I don't want to leave Kei!"

I was hiding behind a pillar watching Nanami and her family. They were preparing to move.

"Nanami..we don't have a choice...your Dad's new job requires a new house so that it'll be nearer to his workplace." Her mom tried to calm her down.

"B..but what about Kei?" Nanami started sobbing.

"We'll try our best to keep in contact with his family, okay?"