Chapter 17 - Rejection

-Nanami's POV-

Kei and I returned back to the hotel to find Miki-chan and Dai-chan waiting for us.

"Finally huh~" Dai-chan came over to give a pat on Kei's shoulder.

"YATTA!!" Miki-chan exclaims excitedly. She came over and held my shoulders tightly.

"I deserve some credits for this." Miki-chan winked.

"That's true..." Kei smiled.

"Both of you..thank you so much!" He started shaking hands with both Dai-chan and Miki-chan.

I was laughing the whole time at their reactions and what Kei was doing.

"We won't disturb the two of you then~" They giggled.

They went upstairs to their rooms afterwards leaving Kei and I in the lobby.

"Yabai!!"

"What's wrong?" Kei held my face. His fingers are so delicate.

"I...I don't mean anything but...I forgot about Ichinose-kun."

"Here you go again Nanami." He scoffed.

"Nono, I mean as a classmate. You know, it's still bad to abandon someone just like that."

"Just kidding~" He pinched my cheeks. I giggled a little when he started pinching my cheeks.

But to my dismay, I saw Ichinose-kun coming in from the lobby's entrance.

"Ah..you know, Kei..I have to clear things up with him."

"Yeah, I understand. Do you want me to come with you?"

"If you want to."

I met eyes with Ichinose-kun and I feel so guilty that I didn't went for the meeting.

"I'm so sorry Ichinose-kun" I bowed down to apologise.

"It's..okay."

"What were you going to tell me?"

I saw his eyes divert to Kei who's beside me. I looked up to Kei and he nodded. Kei then walk somewhere further away from Ichinose-kun and I.

"I...I'm not sure if it's appropriate."

"It's okay. Is it something important?"

"I-I...I like you Nanami-chan!"

"Uh.."

"Ichinose-kun, is this a joke?"

"No..of course not."

I look over to Kei, not sure of what should I do. Kei saw my worried look and he was using hand gestures to ask me whether I want him to come over. I thought I should settle this myself so I told him it's okay.

"I'm sorry Ichinose-kun..I-I really appreciate your feelings but...I'm so sorry." I look down not being able to face him as a wave of guilt passed over me.

"I should've thought that it would turned out this way.."

"I'm sure there are many other better girls out there, Ichinose-kun! You're a great person!"

"Is he your boyfriend?" He pointed toKei who was sitting on the sofa in the lobby.

"..."

"I g-get it. It's okay, Nanami-chan." Ichinose-kun walked away and didn't look back.

"Goddamnit." I buried my face in my hands.

"Hey.." Kei walked over.

I felt his presence coming closer but he suddenly stopped.

"Oh shoot, I forgot there are still people here."

I guess he wanted to give me a hug.
I smiled faintly at how cute his reaction was but I'm feeling really guilty about the whole thing. It's just...really hard to reject someone.

My phone buzzed. I took it out from my pocket and saw that its a message from Miki-chan.

"Nanami-chan, you better get back to the room now! It's almost lights out and sensei is checking if we're all in our rooms."

"Yabai..Kei we have to return to our rooms now." I told him.

He looked at me with a worried face and suddenly he took my hands, clutching onto them.

"Wait before you go..."

He wraps his arms around me, caressing my back gently.

"Well, there are people here but..it's okay." He said softly.

I felt the warmth amd softness from his body and he definitely made me feel better.

"Feel better soon."