Chapter 13 - Fireworks

-Nanami's POV-

"The fireworks is starting soon!" A girl that was passing by exclaimed.

I was in daze as the crowd got really heavy and when I look around, I couldn't find Kei anywhere. I started to feel worried and I wanted to take out my phone to contact him when suddenly someone grabbed my hand.

"Nanami, hold on to me or else we'll lose each other." Kei said firmly.

"Are we going to watch the fireworks?"

"Yeah, of course we are."

"But why are we not heading in the same direction as everyone?"

"Don't worry~ Just follow me."

He was holding on to me the whole time. We passed by a stall that was selling some drinks.

"Kei, let me buy some drinks~"

"Okay, I'll wait over there."

I went over to the stall and I quickly took two bottles of drinks. I didn't really pay much attention to what I was holding onto as it was dark and I was afraid the fireworks will start anytime soon. I gave some money to the stall owner and left hurriedly.

I ran back to Kei while carrying the plastic bag of drinks.

"Oh, it's starting soon!" I pointed to the sky.

We continued walking till we reached the place Kei was talking about.

I looked around to see a small ferry terminal. The strong wind was blowing against us. It felt windy and cooling. Suddenly, Kei took me by my hand and I was surprised. He led me to the edge of the ferry terminal.

We were sitting by the edge so that we can face the sea. The sea...it's so beautiful. I was mesmerised by the tranquility. There was no one here as the ferry terminal is closed for the day due to the summer festival. Basically, we kind of sneaked in.

"Ehh..sugoi ne." I took a look around the whole area.

"Right? This is a good spot to watch the fireworks." Kei smiled.

*boom*

"Kei! It's here!" I pointed to the dark sky which is now filled with vibrant fireworks blasting away.

As I was watching the pretty fireworks, I felt thirsty. Which I kind of expected it, because I didn't drink much water for the whole day. Luckily, I bought some drinks before coming here.

"Kei, are you thirsty?"

"Nope. I'll have it later. Thanks."

I took mine and drank a large amount of it as my throat felt really dry.

"Ahh.." It tasted a little weird but I was too thirsty to care.

We watched the fireworks in silence. It was blasting beautifully. There were lots of colours and they filled up the beautiful sky. The light from the fireworks shine on Kei's face. I was watching him instead of the fireworks. He looks beautiful just staring at the sky. I never thought I'll get to watch the fireworks with him. Wouldn't it be nice to hug him?

My eyes blinked a few times. I feel a little drowsy and dizzy.

-Kei's POV-

I noticed how Nanami was behaving a little strangely when she put her head down.

"Nanami? You okay?" I turned to face her.

Her face was bright red and her eyes were droopy.

"I'm sl...ee..py." She looked at me with her droopy eyes. She looks sleepy.

"I don't think you're okay. What happened?"

"I don't...know, I feel warm..I'm sl..eepy." She said weakly.

I moved closer to her and placed my hand on her forehead. Indeed, her forehead feels a little warm and her cheeks were flushing red.

I took the drink she bought and looked at it. My eyes widened as I look through the description.

"Nanami! There's alcohol in this drink!"

"Huh..."

"It's..so..warm.." She said faintly as she started messing up her yukata. She was so close to untying her obi.

I panicked for a second.

"Ahh! Don't do that." I held onto her hands.

Suddenly, she started caressing my face with her hands pulling me closer. Tears started flowing down her cheeks. She was looking at me straight into my eyes and she started sobbing.
"When will you remember me..?"
"I've always been looking at you since the first year...but you didn't realised anything."
"Do you know how much it hurts to see you in pain..I want to erase all of your sufferings...but I feel like I'm not helping you at all..."

I didn't know how to respond to everything since it's too sudden.

Suddenly, she leans in and her forehead touched mine. Her scent was flooding my senses as she moved closer. I could feel her breath on my lips. Her hands were cupping my face as she pulled me closer. Her lips landed on my mine and my eyes widened a little. My body trembles a little due to the sudden touch. I didn't have a moment to react as the warm spread through my entire body. She tastes like strawberries. Sweet and soft.

"I like you...so much..since we were young...but you probably have someone else in mind.." She mumbled as she broke off the kiss and collapsed down on my lap.

"N-Nana..mi"

My head started throbbing as flashbacks of us filled my mind. There were so many memories. It was overwhelming as they started coming all together. It felt like her kiss activated it.

I actually remembered most of the things now. Nanami-chan came over everyday to spend time with me...and we will comfort each other if one of us started crying because of little things.

I caressed her hair as she slept on my lap.
"I didn't know..." I said gently.

The wind started blowing as time goes by. It's a windy night. It's getting late and I should bring her home.

I piggybacked her back to her house.

As I was walking, I realised I actually feel happy to find out that she likes me but...

What am I going to do about this?

________________________________

Here you go! Chapter 13! 💕 So Nanami finally confessed...

What will Kei do next?