Chapter 34 - Gift

-Nanami's POV-

"Huh?? I'm going to your house now!" I was so worried that I couldn't care about anything else.

-Kei's POV-

The doorbell ranged as if it had malfunction. I crawled out of my bed and made my way down. I yawned and opened the door to see Nanami standing outside.

"What? You're really here? What about school?" My eyes widened in disbelief. I didn't expect her to actually come here for real.

"Who cares about school right now?" She touched my forehead.

"You're burning hot!" Nanami said.

"Yeah I know." I giggled.

"Baka, you can still joke about it." She frowned in amusement.

I was about to move when suddenly I felt myself losing energy. I felt a little dizzy due to the fever.

"Kei!" Nanami held onto me and her arms were wrapped around my body.

"Sorry, I'm a little dizzy."

"No, it's okay. C'mon we should go up." She said as she helped me up.

I got back on my bed and Nanami covered me with my blanket.

I could tell that she's really worried about me. You know, it feels nice to have someone who cares so much about you.

"I'll go get the towels."

I nodded slightly.

She came back shortly and I watched as she squeeze and twist the towel. Then, she placed it on my head.

"Have you eaten your medicine?"

"Not yet.."

"Ahh..I'll cook something for you then you can have your medicine. You can sleep while waiting."

"Sorry that you have to look after me.." I held her hands weakly.

"You don't have to apologise." She smiled.

Is it weird that my heart actually fluttered when she smiled? She's such a lovely person that my heart melted when she smiled. I feel really happy that Nanami is my girlfriend.

-Nanami's POV-

I went down and cooked some porridge and took the bottle of medicine for Kei as well.

When I came back to his room, he was sleeping soundly. Poor boy must be feeling really horrible. His voice was coarse and it just breaks my heart to see him suffering. I caressed his hair softly as he slept. His lips were parted slightly. So cute.

I woke him up gently so that he could take his food and medicine.

"Kei, open your mouth." I held out a spoonful of porridge.

"Eh? You're feeding me." He looked at me with his big pair of eyes as if it was weird to feed him.

"Hahaha. Why is your reaction so cute?" I giggled.