Chapter 24 - It's a secret

-Kei's POV-

"So...what would you like for lunch?" Nanami sat down on the sofa beside me. We were so close that her thighs were almost tangled up with mine. It's a little embarrassing. Not sure why I'm extra conscious today.

"Anything's fine." I smiled.

"Okay then~"

-Nanami's POV-

Kei's over at my house since I told him that I wanted to cook for him. Simply because, I love feeding him. //smirks// It's his first time here ever since we got together.

I started taking out the ingredients I'll need. I was thinking that I should make omurice.

I started chopping the onions. It's stinging my eyes though. I teared up a little and started sobbing while I was cutting. Suddenly, I feel Kei's arms wrapped around my waist. His face was on my shoulder with our cheeks touching each other. The warm touch made me flinched a little.

"I'm not crying Kei~ it's the onion."

"I know. Do you need help?"

"It's okay~ I promised I'll make something for you."

He gently pecked me on the cheek and my face heat up immediately.

"My face is warm!"

"Because I make you dokidoki all the time?" He smirked.

I gave him a look of guilt.

"I'll let you cook~" He giggled.

• • •

"It's done!" I exclaimed as I place two plates of omurice on the table.

"Smells good!" Kei came over to the dining table.

"Itadakimasu!"

I watched him as he took his first bite while waiting for his comment about the dish.

"Mmm it's delicious! The egg is fluffy!"

"Fluffy just like you..." I mumbled.

"Wait what?"

"Nothing." I blushed.

Soon, we finished our food and I started cleaning the dishes and dining table.

"Can I go up?"

"Yeah sure." I was wiping the table.

I heard his footsteps going up the stairs. And suddenly I realised..

Immediately, I put down the cloth I was holding onto and dashed up. I saw Kei staring at the signboard outside my room's door that says "Nanami's Room".

"It's cute." Kei turned to me.

"I don't mind you coming in but my room isn't very nice."

"Hmmm..." Kei sounded as if he's suggesting something.

"I didn't get to see how your room look like since you left." He pouted.

Killing me with his pout again...

"Hai hai~" I came over and patted his head.

"Just a warning, it's kinda feminine." I opened my doorknob revealing the pink walls of my room. There's the picture of me and Kei at the ice cream shop on my table and my books are stacked up. The turtle plushie he gave me was sitting on my chair. Thank god, I made my bed this morning so it didn't look that messy.

"Ooh cute." Kei said as he walk in.

"Really?"

"Yeah it's nice."

I smiled when I heard that.

Kei then sat down on my bed and I did the same. His eyes were so focused on looking around my entire room.

"You're observing too much!"

"I'm just looking~"

"Ne, Nanami. What did you say just now?"

"Huh?"

"When we were eating."

"Oh!"

He leans in closer.

"W-Wait, why are you so close?" I tried to hold him back.

"So what did you say?" Kei teased.

"I-I..."

"It's a secret." I placed two fingers on my mouth forming a cross.

"Waaaaaat?" Kei then started tickling me.

"Hahaha it's itchy!"

I tickled him back and we were playing so much that my bed is getting so messed up.

Suddenly, my back landed on the soft and comfy bed. Kei was right in front of me, staring deeply into my eyes. His hands were right between my head. His gaze is soft and he didn't even look away for a second which made me so nervous.

-Kei's POV-

Her blush seared through her cheeks. The blooming pink colour against her cheeks made her look so adorable.

I couldn't fight against the thoughts in my mind. I was just looking at her.

"K-Kei..."

Unconsciously, I found myself leaning closer towards her lips.

No..I can't do this. I might lose control.

I was about to back away from her when suddenly her hands were wrapped around my neck pulling me closer. She move herself forward and our lips touched. She was caressing my neck as she kissed me. It felt like my senses have been seduced and I couldn't resist. Quickly, the soft caress of our lips became firm. Her breath quicken and our lips were passionately in sync. I had the urge to touch her. Without knowing, my hands were already under her smooth white shirt, caressing her soft skin.

"Nanami..I'm sorry." I broke off the kiss and back away from her.

"No...I should be the one apologising." She shake her head in disagreement.

"I-I'm just afraid that I might lose control.." I placed my hand over my face covering it as I sighed.

"Me..too.."

I was surprised to hear that from her.

"You're really attractive you know. Most importantly...I really love you Kei." She stood up and wrapped her hands around my neck.

It took me awhile to process everything I'm hearing.

"I-I.." I stuttered.

"I said you're fluffy just like the egg. That's the answer to your question." She giggled.

"What? That's funny." I let out a small laugh.

"But..it's a good term, right? I appreciate it." I pull her into my embrace.

I placed my hand on her head, caressing her hair lightly, feeling the warmth between us.

"I love you too Nanami."