Chapter 35 - Healing [Final]

-Nanami's POV-

Look who's not feeling really well on the day Kei invited me out to the beach. We were about to head out of the resort we were staying at when my stomach started hurting...

"Nanami? Nanami?" Kei held onto my shoulders.

"Oh, yeah?" I woke up from dazing.

"What's wrong?"

"I..."

"My stomach hurts a little.."

"Eh? Did you eat something wrong?" Kei asked with concern.

"I'm not sure...Maybe..."

"You brought medication, right? Let's not go to the beach today."

"But...you've been looking forward to it..." I touched his arms.

"Daijoubu...your health is much more important." He said as he took the medicine from my bag.

"Here." He handed me a cup of water with the medicine.

He's so sweet and caring...

"Now, rest." I felt his warm and big hand on my head, patting me lightly.

I thought he was going to do something else but he came over to the bed and wrapped his hands around me. He pulled me down gently and now I'm resting on him, in his soft and comforting embrace as we lied on the bed peacefully.

His hands reached for my tummy, rubbing it gently to ease the pain. He was quiet, he didn't say anything but yet it felt so reassuring. He was just hugging me dearly. It's a blessing, ne?
It felt like he was healing me with his hug.

He nuzzled against my cheeks and planted a soft kiss on me.

I felt the medicine kicking in, making me really drowsy.

Without knowing... I fell asleep with Kei hugging me.

-Kei's POV-

It worked...

She's sleeping sweetly now.

I hope I was able to heal her.

I caressed her hair lightly and tucked some behind her ears.

• • •

-Nanami's POV-

I batted my eyes and yawned slightly. I felt a pair of warm arms around me. The sun was setting with pinkish clouds mixed with the blue sky. It was beautiful and enchanting to be able to wake up with such a view and with Kei right here with me.

How long has it been? Kei is still hugging me. He really did hug me to sleep. What a sweetie...

I know he was trying to make me feel better.

"Thank you.." I leaned in to capture his lips. I shut my eyes and placed my forehead on his as I caressed my lips with his.

"Eh?" I heard his voice out of the sudden.

"Gomen...I didn't mean to wake you up."

There was no gaps between our body and my legs were tangled up with his. It was just so comfy.

"I want it..." He mumbled.

Aaaaa, he's so soft and adorable!!! He was talking with that cute voice of his. My heart was melting like a cotton candy! Sweet and fluffy..

"Hm?" I responded.

"Kiss."

"Kawaii na..." I giggled.

"Thank you, Kei. I feel much better now." I moved forward and placed my lips on his again. The warmth flushed through my body, I felt his hands travelling to my waist, caressing gently.

"I feel kyun kyun all over." Kei admitted cutely.

"So cute..." I smiled.

"I'll take a shower..." He sat up on the bed, ready to move.

"Wait, before you go.." I threw myself around him, hugging him from the back.

"Yeah?"

"I..I love you..thank you.."

I finally said it!

He was silent, there were no responses. Hmm? Maybe he didn't hear it?

"Kei?" I moved right ahead of him, standing in between his legs.

The moment I look at him, I found out that his ears were flushing and he was slightly blushing. He was covering his mouth with his hands, just like whenever he is shy or embarrassed.

So adorable!! I can't take this amount of cuteness. Nanami is losing it.

I cupped his cheeks. It felt as if my fingers were cold as his cheeks were so warm!

"Ne, why are you embarrassed now? I mean it, y'know."

He looks up to me like a kitten and I can't help but to melt. His gaze gives people a comforting feeling, ne?

I felt his hands travelled to my back and he pulled me into his embrace.

"So gentle." I giggled.

"Remember how you used to heal me with hugs when I was having headaches?"

"Yeah..."

"We came a long way huh?" Kei said.

I nuzzled against his neck.

"So much has happened ever since I met you again." I smiled.

"We'll make more beautiful memories together."

"Sure, childhood friend."

"Ehhhhhh? Just childhood friend?" He pouted.

"Just joking." I moved to face him with my hands over his nape.

"To reply to your lovely confession just now..." He smiled sweetly.

"I love you too, Nanami."