Chapter 6. Distance

Chapter 6. Distance

June 2006

Dearest Genesis,

To Genesis,

Gene,

How dare you leave me without saying anything?! What went through your head? I can't believe you'd do that!

Grr! I'm so mad that I can't write this properly without shaking! ! ! ! How could you?!

. . . .

I'm taking a deep breath, just in case you didn't notice.

. . . .

. . . .

Okay, I'm calmer now.

. . . .

Boy and Girl said to forgive their other momma.

. . . .

Should I?

June 2006

Gene,

I received your letter yesterday. To answer your question, no, I'm not mad anymore. I'm smiling now, see? :)

. . . .

Okay, you caught me. I'm still bitter about the move. Everything is so different when you're not around. The ice cream doesn't taste as sweet. The sky isn't as blue. My bed feels so empty. Plus a million other things.

When are you coming home, Gene?

July 2006

Dear Gene,

I'm being a good parent by telling you that Boy and Girl are sick. They caught the flu yesterday.

:'(

Dad wouldn't get me out of bed, so I'm here writing you a letter instead. Wait, did I say me? I meant the puppets. The puppets are in bed, taking a rest.

. . . .

I wish you're here beside me. I'll hold on to your promises and wait until you get home. Until then, I better get some decent sleep. You'll kick my butt if I don't get well, right?

September 2006

Genesis! ! !

First day of school sucked so much. Wah!

I got Mr. Williams as my English teacher. The guy is a terror, I tell you. Spencer said he'd rather have root canal than listen to Williams one more second.

The cafeteria went from bad to worse too. The hotdogs they served yesterday looked like fingers. (Imagine soggy and purplish.) Insert puke face here.

. . . .

Enough about me. How was your first day?

December 2006

Merry Christmas Gene!

Falalalala lalalala!!!

Enjoyed my singing? There's more where that came from. Hahahaha.

Anyway, the twins urged me to go caroling this year. By "urged," I meant they dragged me after school with maracas and such to go door to door. I thought I'd die when Spencer sneezed in the middle of Silent Night, but other than that, I had fun. We should do it together when you get back.