Chapter 34. Drowned

Chapter34. Drowned

Waking up in my girlfriend's arms after we've shared an intimate night was haunting. In a good and bad way.

Genesis' stirred into wakefulness seconds after I did, stretched her arms, and remembering that I was by her side, let her hands glide to my waist. "Hi," she murmured, eyes drowsy from minutes of sleep. Or maybe it was an hour. It was still dark.

"Hi," I answered back.

She smiled and closed her eyes. "I can't believe we. . ." Her hand tightened on my bare skin. It made me shiver, so she moved closer. "You're so warm," she whispered.

"You too." I traced a finger on her forehead, then let it slide down the angle of her jaw. Would it feel like this every time we do it? Like my heart would explode and never be the same?

She grinned and bit my finger. "You're mine, Destiny Jones. Mine."

I took a deep breath and savored the comfort under the blanket. We've rolled it over us until we were cocooned together, our fronts snug against each other.

If I stilled myself for seconds, I could remember exactly how just a few minutes ago, Genesis had done some things, said some things that would make me blush from now on.

She let go of my finger and nuzzled my neck. "What time is it?" she asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Maybe a little over eight?" I didn't want to think too much about it. Returning home was going to be a pain, especially since I had to face whatever problems I've left; with dad, the twins, Mr. Morgan. And I still had to figure things about me and Genesis. I focused on her. "What time are you expected back?"

"Nine? Ten? Who cares anymore?" Her shoulders moved when she chuckled. "I want to drag this out as much as possible. I've been dreaming about it all my life."

"Really?"

She buried her face on my chest. "Stop making me feel like a criminal."

"I wasn't." She shivered when I stroked her back. Genesis' scent was all over me. "I just can't believe that the prettiest girl in the world have this kind of feeling for me." I stilled the butterflies in my stomach. "What will everyone say?"

"Don't know. Don't care." Her chest rose when we inhaled together. "Do you hear that, Des?"

I was going to ask what, but then I recognized the ring- Macarena. "That's dad's tone," I said. "Wait a second." Genesis untangled us from each other so I could sit up and reach my backpack. I grinned when her gaze trailed to my chest. "Stop looking, you perv! It's making me shy."

She pretended to cover her eyes. "Can't blame me though."

The bubble of laughter was still in my chest when I unzipped the bag and took the Blackberry. "Dad?" I answered.

"Destiny, where were you all night? I've called the twin's house but they said you weren't there."

"Huh?" I switched the phone to my other ear. Beside me, Genesis had raised her eyebrow, but I shook my head and glanced around the ruins. The flashlight we didn't close was blinking, almost dead. "I was with Genesis," I said. "There's no need to sound like that. I'll be right home for dinner."

"You slept together?!" He inhaled sharply. "I mean, you spent the night together?"

"It. . . It was just a few hours." His tone was really getting to me. "Why?"

There was a pause on the other line. "It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Do you realize what you've done?"

No. No, I didn't. Because if I did, then I wouldn't have been too relaxed cuddling with my girlfriend, when the whole of Bear Creek could be searching for her.