Chapter 39. Vindication

Stop right here if you haven't read the previous chapter. Go back and don't ruin this for yourself.

Chapter39. Vindication

Sleeping with an ex was painful. Sleeping with Genesis? Make that a million times worse.

But I couldn't seem to stop. It felt like every aggression, hate, anger, frustration, was only being released through that. And by the time it was over, I fell into a deep sleep; the sort that only my favorite pillow could give.

Beep.

My eyes fluttered open.

Beep.

I reached for my watch.

It was on the third beeping that I realized I couldn't because my hands were clasped with someone else's. Someone that wasn't my girlfriend. Someone whose face was engraved in my mind.

Genesis stirred but didn't wake up. She snuggled to my chest, sighed in contentment, and continually mocked me even in her sleep.

Fuck!

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again, only to see her still bundled to me. Genesis Morgan. What am I going to do with you?

Beep. Beep.

She stirred.

Beep.

She leaned back and looked at me. Thanks to the watch, she was fully awake now. Her hair was tangled and messy.

As for me, I was only beginning to be aware of our state of nakedness- how her breasts were pressed against mine, how our legs were coiled together. How she was not the only one beginning to get aroused again.

Genesis stopped me when I tried to move away. "We need to talk about this."

"We have nothing to talk about." I refused. "I made a mistake."

But she held me firm to her. Made me stare at her different-colored eyes. Made me fall like the wicked witch she was.

I looked away.

"You still love me," she insisted. "I felt it last night. I can feel it right now. Destiny, let's start over."

My hands trembled. I didn't love her— it was lust. A whole freaking lot of it. I should have given myself to Woody when I had the chance. And right after this, I would beg for her forgiveness and punish myself.

"Destiny," Gene repeated. "I've waited for years. Don't leave me again."

My eyes snapped at her. "Whose fault was that, Gene? Answer me."

But she didn't. Her lips trembled, yet she remained silent.

"I see where this is going."

I shook her off harder, more persistent this time, until her sweaty palms slipped from mine and I was rolling to the other side of the blanket.

The sunlight was touching my back, and my whole self was displayed for her to see. But we had nothing to hide now. The cat was out of the bag.

"You're trying to seduce me to help Lyndon, aren't you?!"

"What?" Genesis paled. "My father has nothing to do with this."

"He has everything to do with it." I waited for her to sit up, collect herself, so I could fully pound into her head what happened to me. "Weren't you listening to me last night? Your father ruined my life, Gene. He threatened me through my family and friends, and when I didn't realize that, he had Dindo kidnap and traumatize me!"